No reports ????
Theres a Strafdop somewhere in this.....
Eeeeiiisssshhh, I know it's overdue but here is a brief report.
After leaving at 02:30, Bryan, Dion and I arrived at Nkolo at 06:00, full of anticipation and vis koors. Little did we know how "off" and difficult the fishing was going to be for the whole festival.
It was almost as if the fish were still in winter mode, being in waist deep water and very shy to take the fly. My first 2 sessions I blanked, as did quite a lot of others. The fishing seemed to pick up a bit on the Saturday though.
The best yellow of the festival was a 3.2 kg beauty, caught by Christiana resident Christo.
Dion in battle, with Sam also "on" behind me.
The "result" of the "double up"

. What makes you think the fishing was slow
Nick's action man stance,
John Gavin, Barbel king and Johan at dinner.
On the way back on Sunday we stopped at Oord Nebo for about an hours fishing. I finally managed to get 3 yellows , all over 2kg, in half an hour, form the same spot with the same #16 peacock herl nymph.
More pics can be found at :
http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/showthread.php?12007-3-Provinces-Festival-Christiana/page7.