Author Topic: Adrenaline 10ft dropshot  (Read 6404 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Gerhard

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 904
  • Cred: 75
  • Gender: Male
  • Spinning,Jigging,Popping&Fly Fishing fanatic
  • Location: Where ever I put my rod tube
Adrenaline 10ft dropshot
« on: August 22, 2013, 10:20:25 PM »
I bought one of these rod 2nd hand from a guy in Cape Town.


My plan is to use this rod as my main rod casting lures from the beach and rocks in Saudi this coming winter hoping to find spots where I can cast into deep water close to shore for Cuta and Queen Fish.


I paired the rod with a 6000 Sustain and 50# Saltiga Casting Braid.


I tested the rod at the local archery range in Moreletta this afternoon with a 3oz predator plug minus the hook...


On the 2nd cast the plug sailed over the 80 yards arrow butt.


The next cast the plug sailed over the dirt back stop ...


I am very impressed with the blank.


The reel seat however came appart after putting some pressure on the rod while winding the braid back on tight...


Immediately drove to Fishing Pro Shop and gave the rod to Kurt to replace the reel seat with  fuji reel seat. Glad it happened now and not only once I am in the Sandbox.


Kurt said he received 2 Daiwa Exceller rods this week with the exact same problem.


Appart from the reel seat issue I am excited about this setup and cant wait to put it to the test...


Who else have the Adrenaline 10ft??


Offline G6

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 43
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • It is what it is hey !!!!!!
  • Location: Table View Cape Town
Re: Adrenaline 10ft dropshot
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 02:19:39 AM »
dont have a 10ft yet but got the 11ft surf spinner - awesome rod that !!!!!

Offline WJ

  • Team Blacktip
  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 298
  • Cred: 13
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: East Londen, Eastern Cape
Re: Adrenaline 10ft dropshot
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 09:45:28 AM »
I have been using mine for the last 3 years. Still going strong, awesome blank that casts a mile and with plenty of backbone for some big fish.

Offline Gerhard

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 904
  • Cred: 75
  • Gender: Male
  • Spinning,Jigging,Popping&Fly Fishing fanatic
  • Location: Where ever I put my rod tube
Re: Adrenaline 10ft dropshot
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 11:14:16 AM »
I have been using mine for the last 3 years. Still going strong, awesome blank that casts a mile and with plenty of backbone for some big fish.


Great!!!


Glad to hear you like the rod.

Offline REEFMAN

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 9766
  • Cred: 768
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Jozi
Re: Adrenaline 10ft dropshot
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2013, 11:17:35 AM »
Have heard about several of these rods coming apart at the reel seat and also having poor quality guides. But the blank itself is awesome. Noweeds nails Spotted gully's with them. Think once you've upgraded the reel seat and guides it will be a really fantastic rod!

Offline G6

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 43
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • It is what it is hey !!!!!!
  • Location: Table View Cape Town
Re: Adrenaline 10ft dropshot
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2013, 05:11:28 PM »
Have heard about several of these rods coming apart at the reel seat and also having poor quality guides. But the blank itself is awesome. Noweeds nails Spotted gully's with them. Think once you've upgraded the reel seat and guides it will be a really fantastic rod!

I just got adrenalin rods agree with u there young man

Sheldon M

  • Guest
Re: Adrenaline 10ft dropshot
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2013, 11:18:10 AM »
I have a 11ft surf rid,reel seat also has a small split ,but the rod is awesome ,will replace seat when it get bad


Offline Lenny

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 2529
  • Cred: 124
  • Gender: Male
  • Catch and Release
  • Location: Struisbaai
Re: Adrenaline 10ft dropshot
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2013, 06:05:28 PM »
Very popular rods in CPT , I had one , still have it somewhere .


Guides are bad after the second or third year , Seat I have also heard things [ look in the DIY section WP 34 revamped his . check his comments regarding the seat ] IMO , theres to many guides .


I think I bought mine for 600 bucks , a while ago 4 to 5 years ago . I have casted Lure well into outerspace , great lil stick , youll get good 'milage' out of her .


Very under estimated , can take a couple of bumps and knocks on the bricks too .
Self catering , family accommodation available  in Struisbaai . Contact Leon 0780394225

Offline Lofty

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1474
  • Cred: 79
  • Gender: Male
  • dis lekker by die see...
  • Location: Cape Town
Re: Adrenaline 10ft dropshot
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2013, 02:11:43 PM »
what do these rods sell for new..?Lenny,don't you think it's worth fixing the seat and guides...?


Always be humble...

Offline Charles

  • The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 1142
  • Cred: 77
  • Gender: Male
  • Never ever give up!
  • Location: Mossel Bay and Beni, DRC
Re: Adrenaline 10ft dropshot
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2013, 03:33:56 PM »
what do these rods sell for new..?Lenny,don't you think it's worth fixing the seat and guides...?
Lofty I bought mine in the Mall some two years ago for 800 Randelas. It is still going strong and I have not had any problems thus far but then I have also not had a lot of success with 'em fishies! A great rod.

Offline Gerhard

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 904
  • Cred: 75
  • Gender: Male
  • Spinning,Jigging,Popping&Fly Fishing fanatic
  • Location: Where ever I put my rod tube
Re: Adrenaline 10ft dropshot
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2013, 04:15:16 PM »
Thanks for the feedback guys.


The visa was issued on Thursday.


Will hear on Monday when my flight is booked the its off the the Sandbox.


Until it starts cooling down I will do research on where and when to go cast a plug or 2 .


Will keep you posted.

Offline Lenny

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 2529
  • Cred: 124
  • Gender: Male
  • Catch and Release
  • Location: Struisbaai
Re: Adrenaline 10ft dropshot
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2013, 05:40:05 PM »
what do these rods sell for new..?Lenny,don't you think it's worth fixing the seat and guides...?


Think the last one I saw a While back was R1100.00 I have picked up on the 9 foot Same range they are about R650.00. often wondered if its the same blank just cut down ?? Well sure its a good idea to fit proper guides and Seat BUT , nou your budget must be a bit more , Lets Assume you could get it done for 400 bucks . R1500.00 you decide .


If we compare , the other rods in similar Price range , BM Raptor 10ft, cheap as chips ,  10 ft Shimano Vergeance  , Excellor 10ft  /Adrenalin 10 ft similar price , the excellor has a beter seat , could be Fuji I am not sure . and lastly the sensation Dominator , /i like these rods alot , I snapped my previous one ,  the Sensation has better guides , not by far , but comparing to the Adrenalins guide MUch better . I really like Cork hadles on Spinning rods so the Dominator is the only one that has Cork grips . All of the above mentioned are in the R450. to R1100 price range .


Look in my opinion , 8 / 9 and 10 foot rods you could never have enough of , such a versatile lenth rods ...


Enjoy your rod Gerhard .
Self catering , family accommodation available  in Struisbaai . Contact Leon 0780394225

Offline carll

  • Spin a Holic
  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 263
  • Cred: 11
  • Gender: Male
Re: Adrenaline 10ft dropshot
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2013, 07:01:40 AM »
Hi Gerhard.

Keep is posted,I was in the so called sandbox for 2 days and was back in SA on Tuesday .. Eisch that place was COOKING !

Strongs there !

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal