Author Topic: The Bushmans Revisited  (Read 7934 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline E.T.

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 883
  • Cred: 87
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Pretoria, Gauteng
Re: The Bushmans Revisited
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2013, 01:25:51 PM »
Awseom stuff ET!!! Need to try this soon!! Do the rivers still close in winter or is that a thing of the past?


Don't think they close, but I for one don't want to fish those rivers in winter.
It's too cold, way too cold with the snow and all.

Offline E.T.

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 883
  • Cred: 87
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Pretoria, Gauteng
Re: The Bushmans Revisited
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2013, 01:28:00 PM »


The fly that impressed me though was the little CDC Zak with the Chartreuse bead, it's my variation of the Original Zak. Very effective indeed.


How do you tie this zak?


Same as the original, except I substituted the hackle behind the bead with Black CDC and I used an Chartreuse bead instead of the Gold. Will look for a snap of one and post it here somewhere.

Offline Prego

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 2880
  • Cred: 167
  • Gender: Male
  • Because I said so
  • Location: Glenvista, Johannesburg
Re: The Bushmans Revisited
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2013, 11:23:34 AM »
So Friday while I am fishing towards the Tweedassie and Bushmans Confluence, I noticed someone hiking down and coming down all the way next to the bank where I am fishing. So about 200 odd meters below the confluence the one lady sits down and the other one is busy taking snaps of her. Now the photographer had one of those Neon Orange Shirts on that you could see from the moon, that thing was so bright I swear the sun could have gone down and that valley would still be brought daylight.

 So I stopped fishing cause the fishing is ruined anyway. So I walk over and greet them politely. When the sporty bright orange lady went and sat down close to the other one, my initial thoughts of them being Vaginaterians was confirmed. So I asked them where they are from and the one replied "Hullandt". So we talk about this and that and the next minute the sporty one asks me, where is the closest pub? I looked at her and thought Whiskey Tango Foxtrot????

 They are sitting in one of the most beautiful places on earth, they did not notice the Lammergeier soaring above, neither the smaller birds and baboon running up and down the valley. Or even the fish in the water. They did not ask what Boerewors is or could they come over for a braai or would I let them fish one of my rods. Oh, no they wanted to know where the pub is. I kindly directed them and I was off as I lost all interest in talking to them.

 Oh, I did not catch a single fish after I left them as everything was spooked mindless from there all the way past the caves.

 Foreigners.....Ai, tog!!!

 :rotfl :hyst: I just about choked on my lunch, brilliant!

Great to see such beautiful fresh water venues exist in and around SA, it must be bliss in those valleys, great report and fantastic pictures.

Still laughing BTW

Offline John F

  • Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 6563
  • Cred: 522
  • Gender: Male
  • Virtus et Honos
  • Location: Maputo - Mozambique
Re: The Bushmans Revisited
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2013, 12:36:19 PM »
You're one sharp prego, Prego!  :hyst:


Great report E.T.  :win:
Acecraft 660 DV
Yeld cat 19 (Sold)
Gemini 520 Crusader (Sold)

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal