0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Any ideas/input please?? I am in the market for 2 light spinning reels to pair with 7' Daiwa Megaforce spinning rods, for now I will load with 6kg mono but at a later stage could change to braid(less bearings are probably better). The setups will be used for light boat spinning - Natal Snoek/Couta/Kawas/Tigerfish/Bass etc...I am willing to spend up to R400 per reel, no more, I like Shimano but know that Daiwa have some excellent offerings........does anyone know of any good deals around Durban and have advice at what to go for. I have a Salina 55 and would go for the 40 but it is over R500 and I have to stop somewhere........if I don't I will end up with a Stella!!
Quote from: dugongboy on February 07, 2012, 03:41:38 PMAny ideas/input please?? I am in the market for 2 light spinning reels to pair with 7' Daiwa Megaforce spinning rods, for now I will load with 6kg mono but at a later stage could change to braid(less bearings are probably better). The setups will be used for light boat spinning - Natal Snoek/Couta/Kawas/Tigerfish/Bass etc...I am willing to spend up to R400 per reel, no more, I like Shimano but know that Daiwa have some excellent offerings........does anyone know of any good deals around Durban and have advice at what to go for. I have a Salina 55 and would go for the 40 but it is over R500 and I have to stop somewhere........if I don't I will end up with a Stella!! Pick any R800 reel of your choice (I suggest either the Shimano Sedona or Penn Battle) then go and buy it at Ganis for half price
LOL - Jaen, you kave also obviously done it before. Good advice!