0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Thanks again chaps , Beautiful place , good food , plenty to drink and great company !!!! I blanked on this trip but guess you can’t have it all .
Bid Van , thanks for having us ...Thanks to you and your tips ... i got those fish , i also look forward to the next trip ....
Quote from: Kumz on August 31, 2012, 08:05:26 AMBid Van , thanks for having us ...Thanks to you and your tips ... i got those fish , i also look forward to the next trip .... looks like some of those drinks.....uhmmm....... no never mind.........
Quote from: ProKayak on August 31, 2012, 08:29:46 AMQuote from: Kumz on August 31, 2012, 08:05:26 AMBid Van , thanks for having us ...Thanks to you and your tips ... i got those fish , i also look forward to the next trip .... looks like some of those drinks.....uhmmm....... no never mind......... Well spotted!! Thats definately punishable!
Hi Guys It was that time of the year again , So we decided to do our annual trek off to Van’s place www.leeukloof.co.za from the 03 – 05 August The group comprised off , Rory , Ettienne , Pops , Paulie , Adolf, Charles ,Kallie , Doc , Homie , Musselcracker , Peter Gordon , Shag and myself. This being my 2nd trip out for trout, the 1st time was last year at the same spot with borrowed tackle(Thanks Rory).. Got me an El-Cheapo kit from Gani’s worth about R 600 and was hoping to break-in this kit.Hi Kumz that web page for Leeuwkloof is wrong, you have left the "w" is missing MC , Pete , Shag and Van were there before we arrived. Some guys tried a bit of fishing on Friday with majority opting to wait for Sat and Sunday.someof us met for a quick bite to eat at Gallagher before we cud leave ....we arrived @ the farm @ about 16h30 ... We unpacked the booze, chows , our kits and got settled in for the afternoon festivities . We had the most amazing chef that gave us a 5 star meal every time . Thank you Charles. We had an awesome supper and sat around the fire chatting to the wee hours of the morning. The Booze : Viskop and Paulie .. Sat Morning some of us were up bright and early and were at the water’s edge by 6 am – Doc , Rory and I , it was freezing +- 1 Deg . Sat we had a quiet day with a few fish coming out. I was lucky and got a rainbow on an Orange Woolie Booger … Unfortunately Big Van, Darren, Pete and Shag had to leave early due to certain commitments. Pete also came up 2nd best with his fight with a rock … and had a sore arm… Sowy Pete … Sat Afternoon , After a Power nap , Homie and I went to the New Dam at the Bottom +- 3 pm for some afternoon action .. I was lucky to land a Brown , and a rainbow , but lost a Goldie … Damn …Darrens Rainbow @ Bottom Dam Homie has Pic of Brown Trout on his Camera ! Home's ???? Sunday , it was jus Doc and I up @ 5 am …. And at water’s edge before 6 am , Bad idea …. Dit was regte “ Leeukop Weer!” !!! LOL… Goldie : Rest of my catches ..: I slowly made my way back to the bottom Dam by 6h15 … with Doc in tow … We fished a corner where I had caught my fish on the previous day … My 1st castin with a Black WB… Bang on wid a Beautiful Goldie , my 1st ever …. Wooohoo After standing knew high in the freezing water +- 15 mins to fight and release fish , I came out , only to start getting hypothermia … Homie was laughing his Butt of watching me trying to make a fire to warm up … LOL… I went on to get 4 more Rainbows on Olive WB’s … I even gave my kit to Homie , when he got bored , he handed me back my rod wid fly still in water … as I took the rod in my hand ….Bang On again … I gave the spot to Homie and Doc … Guys having some much needed liquid refreshments along side the dam. Rory and Adolf discussing some fishing tactics , whilst havin a wee sipper ... I was just lucky … Call it beginners luck … Some of our guys were at a disadvantage cos they ordered their Polaroids and seems that the optician mixed up their Scripts ...Here are their new fishing glasses .... Thanks once again to all the guys that came with !!! An Epic trip Will def be at next year’s one …. Tight lines