Author Topic: Stithians Fly Fishing Club  (Read 4302 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline schloshd1

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 278
  • Cred: 31
  • Location: Kelvin, Jozi
Stithians Fly Fishing Club
« on: April 17, 2014, 07:01:16 AM »
Hi All


I havent been active on this forum in forever but I think this invite is worth posting  w;k :-)


Saint's fly fishing club is having it's first get-together in a long time next week Wednesday (23rd April)
Here is a bit more info from TOF (for those who know him w;k )






Dear FlyfishersStithians Flyfishers Club (open club founded 1970) will be hosting an open evening on Wednesday 23 April.Time – 6.30 for 7 p.m.Venue – ‘One And All’ Old St Stithians facility, St. Stithians College, Randburg.Directions – simplest for those of you not knowing the school, enter the main gate on Peter Place entrance opposite Coachmans Crossing.Talk – Mark de Jager is involved with the Verloerenskloof Trout Syndicate and they are doing GREAT work in helping and educating black youngsters in the Mpumalanga area. He will explain the good work they are doing and if any of you can assist with donating new or old fishing tackle it would be gratefully received.Flytying – we will also have a couple of fly tying vices and we will be tying a few flies. If any of you want to bring your materials along or indeed if you haven’t yet tied a fly and would like to learn this is the place!We will have membership forms and dam licence application forms available. We do fish at the school dam but our main trips are to the Vaal area for yellowfish and Mpumalanga for trout.All of any age and experience welcome!The evening is free to all but please note the ‘One And All’ is a licensed facility with a pub and restaurant and there will be a cash bar available!We look forward to seeing you all and introducing you to our new committee of Rob Mulder, Andrew Schloesser, Alan Weakley and Marlon MaistryPlease RSVP to me by e-mail with numbers/acceptances so I can finalise seating plansKind regards,Chris WilliamsStithians Flyfishers (Chairman)chris@williamsandwilliams.co.za














It would be great to see as many people as possible there. Seeing as it's that time of year when a lot of people start heading through to Mpumalanga to fish for the troots, this meeting will also be a great opportunity to pick Mark's brain for new tips and techniques for stillwater trout as he is currently preparing to fish in the Commonwealths in the UK next month. You can either RSVP to Chris on the email address above or just post on this thread and I'll let him know.


I hope to see as many of you there as possible  :-)






Cheers
Andrew[/size][/font]
I'm a weekend drinker, I start on Saturday and end on Friday - Bill Hicks

Offline Rory

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1270
  • Cred: 175
  • Gender: Male
Re: Stithians Fly Fishing Club
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 02:26:24 PM »
Super stuff Andrew - I'm in, see you there!

Offline Homie

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: Stithians Fly Fishing Club
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 02:29:31 PM »
Ditto !

Offline Lichia amia

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: Stithians Fly Fishing Club
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 02:46:07 PM »
Super stuff Andrew - I'm in, see you there!
Ditto !

 
After the last time I went out with you blokes  :frid :geet I'm grounded  (bat   
 

Offline FishStyx

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 3007
  • Cred: 51
  • Gender: Male
  • I fish, therefore I am.
  • Location: Louist Trichardt, Limpopo
Re: Stithians Fly Fishing Club
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 03:59:13 PM »
Eish... my old school... good on you Saints!
Forgive me Father for I have spinned... It's been three weeks since my last cob session.

Offline schloshd1

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 278
  • Cred: 31
  • Location: Kelvin, Jozi
Re: Stithians Fly Fishing Club
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 07:05:03 AM »
Great stuff Rory and Homie! It will be good to catch up :-)



I'm a weekend drinker, I start on Saturday and end on Friday - Bill Hicks

Offline schloshd1

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 278
  • Cred: 31
  • Location: Kelvin, Jozi
Re: Stithians Fly Fishing Club
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2014, 12:08:07 PM »
Thank you to everyone who made the effort to come through last night. It was great to see some of the old faces and meet some of the new guys.

A big thank you to Mark for his talk on all the great work that is being done with the kids at Verlorenkloof.

Saints Club will be having a fly tying get together in the near future with all flies tied being donated to the VK development kids.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 12:09:02 PM by schloshd1 »
I'm a weekend drinker, I start on Saturday and end on Friday - Bill Hicks

Offline schloshd1

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 278
  • Cred: 31
  • Location: Kelvin, Jozi
Re: Stithians Fly Fishing Club
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2014, 06:17:12 PM »
​Hi All
[/size][/color]
Following on from the Saint's meeting we had on 23 April, Stithian's Fly Fishing Club will be holding a fly tying afternoon this coming Saturday.

When: Saturday 17th May from 13:00 onward
Where: One and All facility, St Stithians College, Randburg

Bring your tying gear and materials. We will be tying stream and stillwater flies for trout. All flies tied on the day will be donated to the development kids at Verlorenkloof, Mpumalanga. This will also be a great opportunity for anyone who wants to learn to start tying to come along and be shown the basics in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.

Everyone is welcome to join and it would fantastic to see as many as possible people there.

There is a restaurant and fully licensed pub on the premises.
[/font]
[/size][/color][/font]
[/size][/color]Please RSVP on this thread.

Cheers
Andrew



PS Saint's meetings will be held regularly on the last Thursday of every month from now on. I'll post a reminder of this month's meeting closer to the time.
[/font]
I'm a weekend drinker, I start on Saturday and end on Friday - Bill Hicks

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal