Author Topic: braid for spinning and bait casting  (Read 2501 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Gh05t

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 12
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Kimberley
braid for spinning and bait casting
« on: October 30, 2020, 03:54:57 PM »
Good day
I am totally a newbie, I got this braid for free from a carp fisherman friend.
I would like to know if this braid is going to work for seawater and if the 15lb would be right
or do I need 25lb to 30lb braid.
Looking to catch edibles

I see that some braid dont cast as good as other, which braid would you recomment,
please keep in mind I am on a tight budget.
I am looking at buying the Okumo azores 55 and have a 12' Loomis & Franklin Archipelago XH HMG rod
Thanks for any advice

Offline fishatic

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 500
  • Cred: 14
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Randpark Ridge, Johannesburg
Re: braid for spinning and bait casting
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2020, 08:22:32 PM »
Best braid - free.
Real world specs on that braid is .25mm / PE2 and actual strength around 25lb.

It will work just fine.
You will need a heavier braid leader for casting lures/sinlkers over 1.5oz though.

What I suggest is to wind all the braid onto the reel (it will be a bit empty) then fill it up with some .30mm mono and then reverse the whole thing.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 08:23:16 PM by fishatic »

Offline Gh05t

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 12
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Kimberley
Re: braid for spinning and bait casting
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2020, 11:18:00 AM »
Thank you

Offline soupcan

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 95
  • Cred: 3
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Cape Town
Re: braid for spinning and bait casting
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2020, 09:21:57 PM »
I would also like to add that the Azores Z55S sucks for spinning. I have one and I really don't like it - its my guest reel for bait fishing.  It lacks the finesse you require for the awesome Archipelago.   Save your cash and buy the Shimano Sedona C5000XG - available from Ganis for R1075.  Even the Rovex Big Boss3 in the 6000 is a much nicer reel - promise you!

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal