Author Topic: If you had R3000 for a new spinning setup  (Read 32042 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline emjay

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 261
  • Cred: 18
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Durban/Richards Bay, KZN
Re: If you had R3000 for a new spinning setup
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2020, 11:13:19 AM »
Hi Emjay. It is now 20 months since your purchase.Can you please advise your experience with your BG3000 and Assassin Spin.


Lovely reel and rod. Easily hits 120m. However, I sold the rod and reel a while ago. Spinning from the beach wasn't productive enough for me to let it stick. I fish more off a kayak now so the shore spinning setup collected dust and it had to go
Fishing all day, everyday is still not enough fishing

Offline Chancer

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 26
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Simons Town
Re: If you had R3000 for a new spinning setup
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2020, 07:31:12 PM »
Thank you Emjay. I was keen to hear about the BG3000 life over a period of time.


Offline FishStyx

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 3007
  • Cred: 51
  • Gender: Male
  • I fish, therefore I am.
  • Location: Louist Trichardt, Limpopo
Re: If you had R3000 for a new spinning setup
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2020, 10:07:55 AM »
I don't think there's much doubt over the value you get with the BG. It's a well designed and well built budget reel. My personal opinion from all the reviews that I've ever come across is that will outlast most reels of it's price range. Also, being a popular reel from a popular (and well supported locally) brand, spares will be available for a long time.
Forgive me Father for I have spinned... It's been three weeks since my last cob session.

Offline emjay

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 261
  • Cred: 18
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Durban/Richards Bay, KZN
Re: If you had R3000 for a new spinning setup
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2020, 10:01:18 AM »
Thank you Emjay. I was keen to hear about the BG3000 life over a period of time.


From what I've seen I don't think you'll go wrong with the BG. Just take care of it, like any reel
Fishing all day, everyday is still not enough fishing

Offline Chancer

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 26
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Simons Town
Re: If you had R3000 for a new spinning setup
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2020, 11:09:52 AM »
Thank you Emjay.
Good to hear.

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal