Welcome,
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
Did you miss your
activation email
?
1 Hour
1 Day
1 Week
1 Month
Forever
Login with username, password and session length
Home
Recent Topics
Forum
Login
Register
ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
»
General Angling Topics
»
Saltwater Lure Angling
»
Fixing Wind knots
« previous
next »
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Go Down
Author
Topic: Fixing Wind knots (Read 2382 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Plugger
Ultimate member
Posts: 977
Cred: 13
Gender:
Location: Forest Hills, Durban
Fixing Wind knots
«
on:
February 07, 2019, 09:52:09 AM »
I watched a video the other day where a guy rubs a wind knot with lip ice then pulls both ends and the knot just slides out. Looks impressive but I haven't had the occasion to try it myself yet.Going to try a few casts on the upcoming Mozam trip for the Racetech Jetski comp later this month.
Logged
Education is important but fishing is importanter !
REEFMAN
Ultimate Champ
Posts: 9766
Cred: 768
Gender:
Location: Jozi
Fixing Wind knots
«
Reply #1 on:
February 07, 2019, 11:50:55 AM »
That was Steenie, of "a learning experience" thread fame... Riekert.
Was an impressive display! Will definitely give it a try.
Here's the link -
https://www.facebook.com/riekert.vanheerden/videos/2423913530971720/
Logged
FishStyx
Ultimate Champ
Posts: 3007
Cred: 51
Gender:
I fish, therefore I am.
Location: Louist Trichardt, Limpopo
Re: Wind knots
«
Reply #2 on:
February 07, 2019, 01:20:36 PM »
I saw it somewhere else, can't recall where, but it makes sense and will work with any kind of viscous lubricant. Just be sure that whatever you use won't damage your braid... Makes it easier to carry KY in your tackle box.
Logged
Forgive me Father for I have spinned... It's been three weeks since my last cob session.
PatrickH
Senior Member
Posts: 116
Cred: 0
Gender:
Be the difference you want to see
Location: Cape Town Western Cape
Re: Wind knots
«
Reply #3 on:
February 10, 2019, 12:12:04 PM »
The late Seeker taught me that lip ice trick for wind knots. I have had great success using it especially with 0.1 - 0.2 diameter braid
The secret is to NOT try and pull it out by force as I have learned but to apply lip ice generously before pulling.
Logged
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Go Up
« previous
next »
ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
»
General Angling Topics
»
Saltwater Lure Angling
»
Fixing Wind knots
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal