Afternoon All
So after a break of 20+ years, I thought I might try my hand at fly fishing again, and was thinking of starting with a 3# for smaller streams and a 5# for other stuff, maybe build up to a 7/8# in the future.
I was lucky to be gifted with a Stealth X-Treme 7" 3# rod, I know the rod was bought about 8 years ago and never used, I already have a 3# reel to pair with the rod.
When I took the plastic cover off the handle, I noticed that the reel seat does not have a threaded part where you can tighten the reel on, it seems to have a sliding ferrule as per the pic.
My thinking is this, surely the ferrule will damage the cork on the hand grip if all you do is jam it over the reel mount, and how secure can it really be, I really don't want to be trying to cast and have the reel fall off the rod, I can't find any info or pics on the Stealth website as they don't list this rod.
How good is the rod, is it worth it to have the handle/reel seat replaced and keeping it, or would it be better to get a new rod.
I would be grateful for any info, if anybody has used this rod and can comment, thanks in advance.