Author Topic: another china town nymph  (Read 5379 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Ziggy

  • Grunter hunter - Ultimate photoshopper
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 1672
  • Cred: 182
  • Gender: Male
  • Teeth that bite!
  • Location: Durban
another china town nymph
« on: October 09, 2013, 09:31:58 AM »
this time I added some sparkle dubbing (not from the china shop)


I really like the way that that stretch elastic makes a ribbed body - here I used two strands for the body, green and black. Underneath I used olive pearl flashabou wrapped on the body - the photo does not show it, but the body has an iridescent shine under the stretch elastic.


I am just trying out some techniques using that stretch elastic...great stuff at R2 per meter! Comapred to the fly tying shop at much much more

Offline icstuff

  • The Ultimate Clown
  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1105
  • Cred: 77
  • Gender: Male
  • It's the Water's fault!
  • Location: Meyerton
Re: another china town nymph
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 09:46:29 AM »
I like this fly for some reason...  (clap)
Squid Happens!

Offline Ziggy

  • Grunter hunter - Ultimate photoshopper
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 1672
  • Cred: 182
  • Gender: Male
  • Teeth that bite!
  • Location: Durban
Re: another china town nymph
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 10:38:47 AM »
a variant of the above - longer shank and legs with a flashback. should have made the dubbig a bit fatter

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal