ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

General Angling Topics => Saltwater Lure Angling => Topic started by: Clint-0 on May 19, 2012, 04:23:05 PM

Title: What an awesome day
Post by: Clint-0 on May 19, 2012, 04:23:05 PM
Hi guys
Well I just have to tell you what happened to me today, this morning the wife and I had to attend parents day at my daughters school, so i thought while I'm in Durban I will vist kings and drop of my loomis for new guides. After parents day we get to kings and I hand over my rod to be repaired, when my wife asks the salesman to please help me choose a new fishing setup, I turn to her and ask what this about?????, and she replys early fathers day gift. So I think what luck , and head for the hmg section. I always wanted to catch a Garrick on plug so I decided to get a spinning rod, Poseidon HMG ultra light spinning, then she asks me don't u need a real with that, to which I said yes in a flash, next thing in the baskets was a Daiwa seagate 4500E, thinking this could not get any better , my awesome wife asks again don't u need that cotton thing for the real. Keep in mind  although she does not like fishing that much but she likes to sit and watch all the tv shows on superspot with me so she knows what braid is. So with the real topped up with gator braid and a few chisel nose plugs in the basket too I'm all set for this years Garrick season.


Now I just can't wait to get to the beach in the morning to give my new kit a go.


What an awesome early fathers day gift , love you lots babe.



Title: Re: What an awesome day
Post by: Fritz on May 19, 2012, 04:29:02 PM
 :cgrts:  Clint. Your wife really spoilt you today.
Head out to the pier at Ushaka. Heard that their are some kinkies hanging around their.
Title: Re: What an awesome day
Post by: Clint-0 on May 19, 2012, 04:36:46 PM
:cgrts:  Clint. Your wife really spoilt you today.
Head out to the pier at Ushaka. Heard that their are some kinkies hanging around their.




Thanx for the heads up Fritz, Ushaka pier is the one one with the restaurant at the end of it right? Do I  fish to the right or left of the pier? Sorry for so many question, never fished that place before.
Title: Re: What an awesome day
Post by: jaenswart on May 19, 2012, 04:41:25 PM
Hi guys
Well I just have to tell you what happened to me today, this morning the wife and I had to attend parents day at my daughters school, so i thought while I'm in Durban I will vist kings and drop of my loomis for new guides. After parents day we get to kings and I hand over my rod to be repaired, when my wife asks the salesman to please help me choose a new fishing setup, I turn to her and ask what this about?????, and she replys early fathers day gift. So I think what luck , and head for the hmg section. I always wanted to catch a Garrick on plug so I decided to get a spinning rod, Poseidon HMG ultra light spinning, then she asks me don't u need a real with that, to which I said yes in a flash, next thing in the baskets was a Daiwa seagate 4500E, thinking this could not get any better , my awesome wife asks again don't u need that cotton thing for the real. Keep in mind  although she does not like fishing that much but she likes to sit and watch all the tv shows on superspot with me so she knows what braid is. So with the real topped up with gator braid and a few chisel nose plugs in the basket too I'm all set for this years Garrick season.


Now I just can't wait to get to the beach in the morning to give my new kit a go.


What an awesome early fathers day gift , love you lots babe.





Have you awoken from your dream yet :-)
Title: Re: What an awesome day
Post by: Fritz on May 19, 2012, 04:42:13 PM
No worries lad. Go to the right and wade over the bank. Cast your plug as close as you can to the reef and hold on.
Title: Re: What an awesome day
Post by: Clint-0 on May 19, 2012, 04:47:20 PM
No worries lad. Go to the right and wade over the bank. Cast your plug as close as you can to the reef and hold on.


Awesome stuff, thank for helping a newbie out bud, I'm loving this site :uarocks  :uarocks  :uarocks
Title: Re: What an awesome day
Post by: SAfish on May 19, 2012, 05:27:52 PM
You are very lucky to have a wife like that!  (clap)
Title: Re: What an awesome day
Post by: Homie on May 19, 2012, 05:31:02 PM
That's just awesome bro... Great setup !
Title: Re: What an awesome day
Post by: MIKE PIKE on May 19, 2012, 06:28:38 PM
Great combo that  , thats one fathers day gift that will be around for a long time , hope it brings u plenty  :grk:  and :gt: .s ... (clap)  for the wife for an awesome setup and gift.
Title: Re: What an awesome day
Post by: Willie on May 19, 2012, 07:18:28 PM
 :cgrts:  Clint can we introduce your wife to mine to give mine some tips  :hehe:
Title: Re: What an awesome day
Post by: jaenswart on May 19, 2012, 08:00:32 PM
:cgrts:  Clint can we introduce your wife to mine to give mine some tips  :hehe:

Willie with all the tickets you bought for the raffle you will have 3 new setups in a few months :-)
Title: Re: What an awesome day
Post by: Willie on May 19, 2012, 08:18:23 PM
 :hehe:  JS Maybe :hnthnt:
Title: Re: What an awesome day
Post by: Jaybennie on May 19, 2012, 10:21:18 PM
 :cgrts:
You are going to love that rod, mate, one of my favorites. Hope it bends properly soon!
Title: Re: What an awesome day
Post by: REEFMAN on May 20, 2012, 08:07:46 AM
Clint... your wife got a sister?
Title: Re: What an awesome day
Post by: plonker on May 20, 2012, 08:44:38 AM
Good luck on your new fishing gear, tongaat river mouth is renown for grarrick in the winter, get yourself a GT ice-cream lure the grarrick love them
Title: Re: What an awesome day
Post by: T-50 on May 20, 2012, 02:36:40 PM
 :win:
Title: Re: What an awesome day
Post by: WalkersKiller on May 20, 2012, 05:23:29 PM
Great stuff Clint  :FST: :+ cred:
Title: Re: What an awesome day
Post by: Sailor on May 21, 2012, 08:17:08 AM
 :cgrts: on a wife like that( and the new setup too).
Title: Re: What an awesome day
Post by: J-Rock on May 21, 2012, 08:23:02 AM
Lucky man! :happ:
Title: Re: What an awesome day
Post by: deezynking on May 21, 2012, 08:33:30 AM
 :happ: :happ: :happ:  LUCKY LUCKY DUDE  :happ: :happ: :happ:
 :tite :grk:
Title: Re: What an awesome day
Post by: Prego on May 21, 2012, 09:41:20 AM
Awesome day indeed, awesome wife, awesome gift  (clap) (clap) (clap) :win:



 
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal