ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

FRESHWATER ANGLING => Fly fishing => Topic started by: Wynand13 on April 26, 2012, 11:28:15 AM

Title: Old Tackle What`s your take?
Post by: Wynand13 on April 26, 2012, 11:28:15 AM
    I would  like to share this with you, and get your opinion? Is it a gem or something to  let go? I recently let one go for a decent offer, however I would like to know  if anyone can assist in letting me know what the weight is for the different front  ends? There are 3 “tips” ranging from thick to thin...
I would  like to test this rod but need some assistance on what I have as they did not  label it..
Title: Re: Old Tackle What your take?
Post by: Wynand13 on April 26, 2012, 11:29:17 AM
More pics
Title: Re: Old Tackle What your take?
Post by: Wynand13 on April 26, 2012, 11:30:28 AM
More Pics
Title: Re: Old Tackle What your take?
Post by: Wynand13 on April 26, 2012, 11:31:10 AM
last pic
Title: Re: Old Tackle What your take?
Post by: Monster on April 26, 2012, 11:35:30 AM
wynand, what a gem!
 
Title: Re: Old Tackle What your take?
Post by: Wynand13 on April 26, 2012, 11:41:14 AM
HI Monster

 :tkx:

I would love to fish this, but have no idea how, what W line to use or anything else. Any ideas?
Title: Re: Old Tackle What your take?
Post by: Monster on April 26, 2012, 11:45:23 AM
I have no idee myaby try the guys on flytalk. You can go to a fly shop and test a couple of line weights until you find one that casts well.
 
I would personally put it in a display case as old bamboo gets dray and can crack and break.
 
Again its ons pretty piece of art.
Title: Re: Old Tackle What your take?
Post by: Wynand13 on April 26, 2012, 11:53:07 AM
    This one  was recently veneered and is still pretty flexible, yes it’s got a special display  at my house, but I think it deserves to be used every now and then. I am looking  for a suitable reel that dates back to the 50s just for show. I have 2 extra  tip parts on this one, the thin tip, so I am willing to use this until they  give up. I would love to catch something with this rod as I can imagine that  fishing this would be a totally different experience to using modern day  equipment.
Title: Re: Old Tackle What`s your take?
Post by: Serra Moz on April 26, 2012, 01:16:59 PM
I always love looking at yester year's tackle.... :shre:
Title: Re: Old Tackle What`s your take?
Post by: Wynand13 on April 26, 2012, 01:30:01 PM
@ Serra

We have come a long way... And to think our children will think the same of what we currently use...
Title: Re: Old Tackle What`s your take?
Post by: E.T. on April 26, 2012, 01:31:33 PM
This should answer some of your questions.....


http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php?topic=9215.0 (http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php?topic=9215.0)
Title: Re: Old Tackle What`s your take?
Post by: Luke13 on April 26, 2012, 01:38:08 PM
Looks  :appr:    :envy :envy :envy

What a gem.. I would suggest keeping it in a display, sometimes the dream of driving your childhood supercar is trashed when you actually do it and realise that its not at all great compared to what you are use to..

But I might be wrong.. .  :fshn:   
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal