ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
FRESHWATER ANGLING => Fly fishing => Topic started by: WalkersKiller on April 23, 2012, 11:49:34 AM
-
Hi guys caught this beaut this morning, estimated it to be 400 grams or so. Its my first Leerie on fly and I am so chuffed, big thanks to Koos (E.T.) who gave me this fly last year.
I caught the fish on a 9 weight and it fought really well :resp: it went on 2 good runs. the tide was just about to change when it took the fly :-) :grk:
the X is where it took the clouser
-
:cgrts: Gareth, you will get a lot more now that you have got the first one. (clap)
-
Good skills on fly Gareth!!! (clap)
-
:cgrts: WK hope you will get lots more (clap)
-
:cgrts: again Gareth!
-
:envy and :resp: Gareth!!
-
Well done Walks - :geet
-
(clap)
-
:resp: "Moster fish" on light tackle, always awesome!!! Well done! :shre:
-
Well done Walks !!!!
:resp: :resp: :resp:
-
I threw many dropshots and lures onto that spot marked with a X when I was there in December (while you were suffering from a barbie on that day) - and I never even got a rise! Well done WK!
-
nice WK, hopefully he will grow to be a 20+kg challenge in a few years for you to catch him again :cgrts:
-
Nice on WK!!
:cgrts: on the Leerie.
Now we will wait for his big brother!!
-
:cgrts: bru! I know you've been chasing him for awhile now
-
Nice one Gareth :cgrts: , just have to ask
WHAT ARE YOU DOING ONLINE??? GET DOWN TO THE WATER!! :hehe:
-
Thanks very much guys :-) had been chasing him for a while now hopefully I will get a few more :-)
@ Paulo, :hehe: im at the water as much as i can be, unfortunately I have to work most of the day at the moment which is why i am online...
-
(clap) :cgrts: :resp:
-
:cgrts: WK. Nice fish!!!
Which river is that?
-
Well done Gareth! :yipee: It is always great to get a first of any species, and :grk: are particularly special. I am sure that you will get many more on your fly rod!
-
Well done Gareth :happ:
That is a catch of note. (clap)
Can you confirm that it is the Plett lagoon under the N2 bridge ? :dunno:
-
Well done - always a good feeling to get something you've been hunting for a while w;k
-
Thanks very much guys!
This is under the R72 bridge at the Kariega River in between PE and EL in the Eastern Cape :-)
-
Good going Garreth, glad you got something on that fly.
Only question is why did it take so long to hook something on that fly :rotfl
-
:clfoto: well done WK :udman:
-
Super stuff Gareth!! :win:
-
Well done WK. I am sure your species count must be a couple of hundred by now. (clap)
-
Thanks again guys :-)
@ ET, i caught a few stockies on it but didnt think you would be impressed that I was using it for dam trout w;k :hehe:
@ Lupo, I wish :hehe: will have to check, think I am sitting on 55 now...
-
nicely going Mr G......well done on the catch
-
Thanks bru, almost as big as the one in your pic there w;k
-
hahaha, getting there....but those small little buggers put up a lekker fight on the lite outfit hey
-
hahaha, getting there....but those small little buggers put up a lekker fight on the lite outfit hey
That they do, nearly ripped the fly rod out my hand when he took!
-
hahaha, getting there....but those small little buggers put up a lekker fight on the lite outfit hey
That they do, nearly ripped the fly rod out my hand when he took!
That is what happens when you sleep while you are suppose to fish!!! :crzy :hehe:
On a more serious note. :cgrts: and well done on the leerie, How is the WK 2012 Fish hunt coming along?
-
:cgrts: :cgrts: :cgrts: WK!!! (clap) (clap) (clap)
-
That they do, nearly ripped the fly rod out my hand when he took!
You have to eat your pap Mr G! w;k
Well done Walker, your perseverance has paid off, well deserved!
-
Thanks guys!
@FCLoretz, its going very well, will update it asap
-
Nice one Gareth , now to just look for the mama or papa of the one u caught ... :win:
-
Nice one Gareth , now to just look for the mama or papa of the one u caught ... :win:
:hnthnt: :hnthnt:
-
:cgrts: :cgrts: :cgrts: :cgrts: :cgrts: :cgrts:
-
:tkx: