ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
FRESHWATER ANGLING => Fly fishing => Topic started by: Sea Dweller on January 05, 2012, 12:06:27 PM
-
Howzit guys[/size]I'm heading up to Sterkies on Tuesday but the only place I could get into was the government Sterkfontein Dam Resort. Has anyone stayed there and can tell me what it's like. I wouldn't really care but the wife is coming and I don't want her to be put off by a $#5&hole.
-
The chalets are top notch. Stop stressing and get some beetles :-)
-
Howzit Jaenswart
Thanks for the info, my wife will be happy to know.
-
And don't forget the boat! Hard to fish sterkies without it. Enjoy!
-
We stayed there in June and it was honestly the crappest place I have ever been to in my life! No cutlery or crockery to speak of, what little there was had been chipped or didn't match. The bedding had clearly not been changed since the last person had left. There were cracks in the windows and the shower over flowed because the drain was blocked.
-
We stayed there in June and it was honestly the crappest place I have ever been to in my life! No cutlery or crockery to speak of, what little there was had been chipped or didn't match. The bedding had clearly not been changed since the last person had left. There were cracks in the windows and the shower over flowed because the drain was blocked.
Eina, sounds as if you had a friday land rover.
My brother and friends were there over new years, they had 6 chalets booked and they were very happy
-
Jaen the worrying thing is we were a big group and had 3 chalets not one of which was up to scratch. Not just a little bit old looking or not quite spotless but really disgusting
-
We stayed there in June and it was honestly the crappest place I have ever been to in my life! No cutlery or crockery to speak of, what little there was had been chipped or didn't match. The bedding had clearly not been changed since the last person had left. There were cracks in the windows and the shower over flowed because the drain was blocked.
Eina, sounds as if you had a friday land rover.
My brother and friends were there over new years, they had 6 chalets booked and they were very happy
Jean, they weren't perhaps at Kwantani ? and not the Government one ? :dunno:
Although I have heard that they have upgraded the Caravan/Camping Park and chalets quite recently.
-
We stayed there in June and it was honestly the crappest place I have ever been to in my life! No cutlery or crockery to speak of, what little there was had been chipped or didn't match. The bedding had clearly not been changed since the last person had left. There were cracks in the windows and the shower over flowed because the drain was blocked.
nope not Qwantani, the reserve on the olivierhoek pass road.
Eina, sounds as if you had a friday land rover.
My brother and friends were there over new years, they had 6 chalets booked and they were very happy
Jean, they weren't perhaps at Kwantani ? and not the Government one ? :dunno:
Although I have heard that they have upgraded the Caravan/Camping Park and chalets quite recently.