ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

General Angling Topics => Saltwater Lure Angling => Topic started by: BluFlu on December 28, 2011, 11:35:34 AM

Title: My new surf spinning setup
Post by: BluFlu on December 28, 2011, 11:35:34 AM
I MUST stop looking at Gumtree.

After Christmas popped on to see what was lurking in the classifieds and lo and behold a Van Staal VS 150G (right hand, bailess) was being sold just down the road from me. Just wanted to look but when I held the little beauty in my hands I knew she must be mine and she is.

So what to put her on? Decided to pop into Fishing Specialist to take a 'look' around and yes, lo and behold they have two 10ft XH Shimano Aerocasts just sitting there. Must be fate I concluded and got one.

So there I have my new spinning rig for the new year. Looking forward to donning the wetsuit and heading back to Struisbaai shortly!
 
Title: Re: My new surf spinning setup
Post by: BluFlu on December 28, 2011, 11:49:10 AM
Here it is - don't be fooled by the size the spool capacity is the same as a Shimano 8000!
Title: Re: My new surf spinning setup
Post by: REEFMAN on December 28, 2011, 12:38:46 PM
That's an awesome setup Blu!! Owning a van Staal has always been a dream of mine. Congrats!
Title: Re: My new surf spinning setup
Post by: BluFlu on December 28, 2011, 01:29:22 PM
Then don't pick up one of the smaller ones like this. I have played with the big ones in the past but man they are like warthogs the smaller they are the prettier! If you do be warned either they will need to cut your fingers off or your wallet will be given a hiding :)
Title: Re: My new surf spinning setup
Post by: REEFMAN on December 28, 2011, 03:15:24 PM
Then don't pick up one of the smaller ones like this. I have played with the big ones in the past but man they are like warthogs the smaller they are the prettier! If you do be warned either they will need to cut your fingers off or your wallet will be given a hiding :)

That's exactly why it's still a dream for me...  :hehe:
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal