ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
General Angling Topics => Shore Angling => THE GRINDER REVOLUTION => Topic started by: Angler 1 on September 20, 2011, 07:57:01 AM
-
Morning gents , i fished with Charl Marais this week end - our very own Springbok and only one from WP he had an Ultegra , but said there was a conversion done on the reel , can anybody elaborate on what exactly is done to these reels ? many thanks
-
Maybe it was just a power handle fitted. The standard handles are supremely k@k
-
Don as far as I know is that their is a spring in the bail arm that they remove so that the bailarm does not flip over in the cast. You must have seen before that their is a certain spot that the arm does not want to clip over at. Let me rather say it does not clip over all the way. Well removing the spring stops this problem. Then they change the handle to a" power handle ". The handle story in my opinion is a bunch off hogwash and is not done neatly. This I have seen at shops in the Durban area. Rather just stick to the normal handle.
-
Fritz the power handles that Gremlins were busy with seemed pretty good?
-
I think he has a power handle one of Kieths ones I think not sure about the rest..
-
shot thanks guys , im still waiting for dome backpay before i buy another reel !