ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
General Angling Topics => Saltwater Lure Angling => Topic started by: PH on September 06, 2011, 07:05:53 AM
-
On Sunday the following shapes were filmed:
Straight V-shaped spoon
Flat S-bent spoon
Halco "twisty"
Convex/convex S-bent spoon
V-shaped banana shaped spoon
This may not be earth-shattering information, but I had to see how these spoons move trough the water.
Vids to follow
-
Straight V-shaped spoon.
Sideways rocking motion in a straight line
straight (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkdUHysMiLo#ws)
-
Flat S-bent spoon.
Lively action
SBENT (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meo_DGZjLNo#ws)
-
Convex/convex S-bent spoon
Lively action in straight line
SCONC (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zp5LAr2KWm8#ws)
-
Halco twister
Lively action with longitudinal roll
KINGFISH (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4KqYYgLIP4#ws)
-
Convex/concave banana shaped spoon.
Note the erratic action as well as drection changes sideways It's not clear in the vid, but the swimming depth also varies
http:///www.youtube.com/watch?v=EU3cGlZ9Zfw (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EU3cGlZ9Zfw#ws)
-
Another interesting observation was that, if a spoon breaches the surface, an air bubble forms on the top of the spoon which kills the action totally and persists to a depth of about 1.5m or when retrieval is ceased
BUBBLE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=970mbv8Hew4#ws)
-
A Clark spoon was also tested and the action is very similar to a straight V-spoon, as can be expected
Maybe I'm biased because I caught my first Kingy on a banana shaped spoon, but this spoon is now my favourite.
-
Very interesting PH! (clap)
-
Very nice........ :shre: Now only to catch fishies
-
Great Stuff Pierre!!! Now I know who to send my attempts to for testing!
-
Great stuff PH!
+cred for your effort and contribution!