ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
General Angling Topics => Saltwater Lure Angling => Topic started by: Half-Pint on August 15, 2011, 11:20:25 AM
-
Has anyone found a quality but affordable brand of bucktail jig? I bought a kingfisher one on friday but after one test session in my pool the paint has all come off.
-
Use a Pink skirt with ... it may work well ... :crzy ... :hehe: ..
Sowy bud ...had to ... :clwn
Cant wait till Reefer posts pic .... :hyst:
-
Are you serious bru swr ???
The only quality bucktails I have ever seen are the Alcocks custome made ones but they cost like 70 bucks for one!
-
Yip admittedly I was bouncing it along the bottom but that's exactly what they are meant for
-
Yip admittedly I was bouncing it along the bottom but that's exactly what they are meant for
Does not matter bru they should not do that!!!! Maybe PM Tommo he should know where to get good bucktails!
-
what weight you using ? put a lumo skirt on . you need to epoxy powder paint leadheads/all lead sinkers before painting else paint wont stick these are still the easiest to fish add plastic os dressed trebles .
(http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss328/markstotesbury/Earballjig.jpg)
-
That looks great Takle.... How is their hookup rate?
Halfpint have a look atBennie's wepsite he has got one bucktail called inchiku bucktail... looks like a good one...
-
sorry www.demontackle.co.za (http://www.demontackle.co.za)
-
While we on the discushion of bucktail jigs. What sizes are you guys using? Brad sorry for the hijack but have spoken to you about this and you know where I am going with this.
-
Fritz... as you may notice Im a inland fisherman :cnfzd I get months of theoretical info and then have 2 weeks to try it w;k
BUT appearantly the weight of the jigheads/bucktail depend on the depth?
-
Skip for offshore the depth would affect the weight but inshore we seldom even know the depth we are fishing. Its more a case of finding a balance between action, casting distance, buffeting from wave action and matching the hatch
-
I am talking lght tackle, for esturies and rivers.
-
60 grams max for in shore ........depends what you want to catch as well surf you can go heavy and big 4 oz07 oz for GT down to 1/4 oz for pompano and wave garrick .
-
Has anyone found a quality but affordable brand of bucktail jig? I bought a kingfisher one on friday but after one test session in my pool the paint has all come off.
Hiya Half-Pint
Most of them do lose their paint when bumped along
The bottom, but they do last longer when bumped on sand or mud. spro make decent bucktail jigs and go for about R25 for the 1\4 to about R70 for a 3 ounce. For estuaries i use mainly 1\4 ounce jigs, but if the tide and wind gets a bit strong you can go up to half ounce and 3\4 ounce. Don't be fazed about how small a 1\4 ounce bucktail jig is as you can catch any size fish on it.
44
-
Half-Pint, Was it paint coming off or powder coating? These jigs should be powder coated?
-
Now you guys are getting way too technical. How do I know if it was paint or powder coat
-
Powder coating is hard and if it comes off it will come off in flakes.
-
I think it is paint to be honest I didn't really look that closely.
-
industrial powder coating does not flake off it sticks like bear s##t on rabbit fur !! we catck upto 200 snoek on a spinner with paint still fairly good after the teeth have chewed the spinner , good base powder coating makes all the differance .