ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
General Angling Topics => Shore Angling => Topic started by: Royboy on July 13, 2010, 06:23:39 PM
-
Hi All..... OK, here is my dilemma.
A "thing" called a Galjoen. My nemesis!!!!!!
I am looking at pics posted by "Galjoen" and I am green with envy!
I have had the best year of my life boat fishing, everything from Marlin and Sails to "shed-loads" of other pelagic and bottom species all over the world. Loads of wonderful fish in beautiful place.........
BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Our "other" home is also in one of the most beautiful places in the world. Britannia Bay, on the West Coast Golden Mile next to Shelley Point. A place of magnificent beauty and with great Gallies (apparently).
It's our national fish, and I have never caught one. I know, I know....... I have eaten them (EXCELLENT) but never caught one........ and it's not for the lack of trying.....from Paternoster, to St Helena Bay I have sukkeled in K@K weather to good weather, and am still in BLANK mode!!!!
Even the "local" okes are starting to say stuff like.....
"Tsjy....Ja, Tsjy - Engelsman? Tsjy het soveel klipvissies gevang, Tsjou moet hulle "rock-cod" noem!!!!!"
which I think tells a story in itself........
Flying down there tomorrow but with the frontal systems at work, looks like it will be a while still. Ahhhh well, one day!!!!!
-
Galjoen.... where's that brilliant article you once wrote about Galjoen fishing.... bring it here boet!
-
Reefman, I was just about to say that I'm busy with the new and improved "Ultimate Guide to Galjoen Fishing" which I will post during the week, I'm in the final stages of putting it together.... :thmsup" :thmsup" :thmsup"
-
Well, gentlemen...... now, do I have to beg?
PLEASE!!!!!! Please, please please please please!!!!!
We (me) NEED IT!!!!!!
-
ULTIMATE Guide !!!!!
I like Wikus !!!!!
Thanks man !
-
I'll try my best to post it tomorrow.... :pray: :pray: :pray:
-
Shot guys - I still need to achieve a 1st here, so greatly appreciated!!!!
-
http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php?topic=603.0 (http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php?topic=603.0)
w;k w;k w;k
-
Hi All..... OK, here is my dilemma.
A "thing" called a Galjoen. My nemesis!!!!!!
I am looking at pics posted by "Galjoen" and I am green with envy!
I have had the best year of my life boat fishing, everything from Marlin and Sails to "shed-loads" of other pelagic and bottom species all over the world. Loads of wonderful fish in beautiful place.........
BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Our "other" home is also in one of the most beautiful places in the world. Britannia Bay, on the West Coast Golden Mile next to Shelley Point. A place of magnificent beauty and with great Gallies (apparently).
It's our national fish, and I have never caught one. I know, I know....... I have eaten them (EXCELLENT) but never caught one........ and it's not for the lack of trying.....from Paternoster, to St Helena Bay I have sukkeled in K@K weather to good weather, and am still in BLANK mode!!!!
Even the "local" okes are starting to say stuff like.....
"Tsjy....Ja, Tsjy - Engelsman? Tsjy het soveel klipvissies gevang, Tsjou moet hulle "rock-cod" noem!!!!!"
which I think tells a story in itself........
Flying down there tomorrow but with the frontal systems at work, looks like it will be a while still. Ahhhh well, one day!!!!!
:hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: