ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
General Angling Topics => Shore Angling => THE GRINDER REVOLUTION => Topic started by: Fritz on May 12, 2011, 12:10:39 PM
-
Guys lets use this thread to discus the rods and reels that are are used for fishing R&S. It is a fairly new way of doing it " at least at the standerd we are doing it now " . We never had the grinders and rods we have now in the earlier years.
For one I have just bought a setup from Gremlins and will receive it early next week." just in time for the next commen "
My rod is a one piece HMG 400/6. The reel I got is the new Ultegra 14000 with jigman braid. I am still new to this game and would like to know what you guys think.
We want your opinions on the rods and the reels.
-
Ive always fished a grinder R&S i just love it so much, but hey thats just me... For scratching I use a Kingfisher Stimulator (which im going to get modified soon with a bigger eye and longer butt) and Daiwa Opus 6000 with 25lb XX and for shark fishing and other non ed fishing I use a Loomis Sharkey 9 ounce with a Daiwa Opus 6000 +... Its really an awesome grinder and value for money it must be right up there!
-
I have the same rod for my scratching but use a Ultegra 5500 with 30bl jigman on that.
My real interest is on the bigger set up.
@ Action Man , I know you are watching this thread so please put your views down asswell.
-
Fritz, can you post some pics of these setups please !
Been pondering this !
-
@ Homie, this is my scratching setup with a gully shark caught on the setup... Its an awesome way to fish bru!
-
@ Homie .
Dont have a pic of the rod as yet Rob is still building my rod. I will post as soon as I have it. Let me find a pic of the grinder for you.
-
I love this style of fishing! it is by far the best experience.
As for rods and reels go I have used many as I do alot of testing for tackle shops and have tried out most of the rods and reels used for this style of fishing.
The rods I own are the T-flex /6+1, Poeseidon 4 magnum and Assassin Medium Surf.
The T-flex is by far the best rod I have come across for this style of fishing as it has an HMG base and mid section and a standard graphite tip so the casting action is unbelievable and becuase of the HMG base and mid it has alot of pulling power and I have bullied some lovely fish withthis stick.
The Poseidon 4 was the first heavy rod I ever bought and has sentimental value to me. Saying this it is still a very nice rod for this application as I use it as an all round rod from catching blacktail to sharks. It can handle anything you throw at it and can also take a beating! This rod has also a lovely casting action and is 3 piece rod.
The Medium Surf was my favourite rod until I broke the tip one day when I triped over my rod. From that that it was never the same but still have alot of pulling power but I use it mainly for scratching in competition.
The reels are another story all together. Have tried almost all of them and Besides the Stella 18000 the best reel for me is the Shimano Ultegra 14000. Yes I prefer this reel over the Saltiga Surf 6000 as it casts alot better and it handles wading better to. The drsg on the saltiga tends to stick when wet but yet to experience this with the Ultegra and I do alot of wading. The reels I have tried and tested include the new Daiwa and Mitchel reels.
The braid is a tough one as there are alot of very nice braids on the market. Most expensive being the Jigman but it is also very nice braid. But to me the braid that has proven it self to be the best value for money and is superb braid is the HMP braid. I have my 14000 spool on my Ultegra spooled with Jigman and must say the HMP is as good as the Jigman if not better because of the price you get it at. Even better is that it is manufactured here in S.A.
It comes in 300m spools and cost about R330. I use the 50lb x8 as my top shot and the 50lb x4 as backing. The 10000 sized spool take 600m perfectly and the costs about R570 to fill it to the top with the HMP braid. Compared to the R1450 it would cost for Jigman and whiplash on the 14000 spool as it takes 650m
I use this set up every where I go and have caught fish over 100kg on it. The only place I dont use it that much is in some places in the Transkei like 'The Gap' as I got hurt there one day fishing for hammers and hooked a 60 odd kilo Grey an it broke me in the deep water! If you havnt got much experince fighting big fish with Braid dont take the chance until you gain a bit more experince as you will get more hurt than the fish trust me
-
Fritz I didnt even answer your question. lol
The rod you got is an Awesome rod, prefer the one piece sticks with the grinder find the action of the rod more suited for the braid.
Just make sure if you not having a flip guide put on the bottom they put the bottom 2 guides upside down like the rods we used couple years ago for com-cakes
-
Shot Stef.
They are putting on a flip guide so it should be allright.
Here are the pics of the reels Homie.
-
I have heard the guys say that it would be better to get a 1 piece instead of a 3 piece for that very reason.
-
Looks solid !
The thing about the rods, is for a gringer, i prefer a longer butt, makes casting easier !
Also, something to remember when using a CG on a rod designed for a multiplier... sooner or later there will be some issues.
A multiplier rod has the eyes on the spine of the rod, and a CG rod has the eyes opposite the spine !
-
Homie this isnt for spinning.
You cast this set up exactly the same as you cast a multiplier the only difference is that you have to get use to using the bionic finger. That little contraption is awesome!
There is a new Ultegra on the market it the Ci4...basically the frame is made of a carbon type of material making it lighter and there also a couple added bearings. Same drag and gears tho so you paying an extra R900 for not much differnce if you ask me
-
Looks solid !
The thing about the rods, is for a gringer, i prefer a longer butt, makes casting easier !
Also, something to remember when using a CG on a rod designed for a multiplier... sooner or later there will be some issues.
A multiplier rod has the eyes on the spine of the rod, and a CG rod has the eyes opposite the spine !
It really does not make that much of a difference. Plus a good rod builder would know this that is why they ask what you using the rod for and build it accordinly
-
Homie this isnt for spinning.
I know ! Think about what i said.
On a MP rod, the eyes are on the spine coz the curve is away from the eyes/spine. Now if you use the same rod with a CG and you on, the eyes are still on the spine, but it is now bending the opposite way to what it was designed for.
-
Yup, if you building customs then 100% ! Rodbuilder will know this.
But off the shelf ???
-
Yup, if you building customs then 100% ! Rodbuilder will know this.
But off the shelf ???
Then the sales guy screwing you over as he shouldnt be selling you a rod built for a multiplier to use for a grinder. The rods built up for the grinder off the shelf are built specially for it. I know cause I ran the workshop at Basils for a while and overlooked all of the manufacturing of Assasin rods
-
Great thread this!
Action - great info there... cred to you.
Must agree with Homie... every blank has a spine... so if you're using a multiplier rod with a cg, it will work, but it's bending in the opposite direction of it's strength, and must affect the strength of the rod in the long term, especially fishing for non-eds. Custom built or dedicated spinning-type blank is the way to go.
-
Great thread this!
Action - great info there... cred to you.
Must agree with Homie... every blank has a spine... so if you're using a multiplier rod with a cg, it will work, but it's bending in the opposite direction of it's strength, and must affect the strength of the rod in the long term, especially fishing for non-eds. Custom built or dedicated spinning-type blank is the way to go.
The blank is the same the rod is just built differently so the guides are on the oppossite side of the spine. This gives it a better action for casting with the grinder
-
Then the sales guy screwing you over as he shouldnt be selling you a rod built for a multiplier to use for a grinder.
Totally agree.... thats why I posted that... so we know better, and not get shafted by smooth-talking salesmen !
-
@ Stef
Can you get the T-flex rod off the shelve or is it a custom rod ?
-
@ Stef
Can you get the T-flex rod off the shelve or is it a custom rod ?
I got mine custom built by Gremlins. They definately offer the best price built up for that rod
-
Stef I know what you are saying about the R900 dif. on the reels you must shop around.I had a price of R2000 and R2999 from one shop and R1850 and R2000 from the other. You can think for your self where went to.
-
guys, i dont wanna hijack here, but while on the topic of spines etc.
ever thought of it this way.
a rod made for casting multiplier reels, has the guides on the one side (when casting, the guides are facing down to the ground), but yet, when we are fighting big fish, we are reversing, guides facing upwards. (using the other end, if i can put it that way.
popcorn time
ss
-
Stef I know what you are saying about the R900 dif. on the reels you must shop around.I had a price of R2000 and R2999 from one shop and R1850 and R2000 from the other. You can think for your self where went to.
I got mine at Basils hey...was there today saw the Ultegra 14000 goin for R1795 :shmno:
Been thinking about getting another one as my reel is not sounding to healthy!
use the new one for in-eds and the older one for scrathing the reef when im swimming :nuts:
-
I got mine at Basils hey...was there today saw the Ultegra 14000 goin for R1795 :shmno:
Been thinking about getting another one as my reel is not sounding to healthy!
use the new one for in-eds and the older one for scrathing the reef when im swimming :nuts:
Stef have you got any pics of the non eds you have caught on a grinder?
-
Just checked my Quot from them and I was charged R2195. None the less I still ended up getting the C14 for R2000.
-
Bit off topic, but do you guys know what the Ultegra 10000 goes for/should go for?
-
Bit off topic, but do you guys know what the Ultegra 10000 goes for/should go for?
Critter
The Ultegra 10000 is the same size as the 14000 just the spool is not so deep. You also can't purchase a 10000. When you buy the 14000 you get the 10000 as a spare spool. The best price I have seen on the reel so far is R1795. Maybe pm fritz an see where he got his from as he got the new one for a very good price
-
I can get one for you at R1670.00
-
Thanks guys! I saw a 10000 at a second hand shop, and was wondering if it was worthwile making an offer (their price was a bit crazy so I wanted to make a crazy offer). But I think I should rather then look at the 5500 as I want mine for heaviuer plugs and for hunting edibles
-
I can get one for you at R1670.00
Fritz I will be calling you soon. Can't say no to a price like that
-
Actionman, how do you rate the Shimano Tiralejo 12foot Spinning ?
Cast rating is 4 - 12oz
-
Actionman, how do you rate the Shimano Tiralejo 12foot Spinning ?
Cast rating is 4 - 12oz
BigG that is a very nice rod but it not practical enough being 12ft
It has an adjustable winch which is nice as you can set the reel in the most comfortable place you desire for casting. I fished this rod alot at the mtunzini banks as it strong as hell an you just tow the diamonds out with it but that was with wading out and you not trying to cast that far. For deepwater points and wading its a nice stick but from the beach you wont get the distance required with that stick just doesnt have the same action a 14ft rod has
-
Must be a great rod throwing plugs for GT's
-
Must be a great rod throwing plugs for GT's
Yes it is a very nice plugging and popping rod
-
Steff you must let me know about the reel. Their is only one left and they want to get rid of it becaus the new stock is comming in.I can get it for you by Teusday next week when my stuff comes.
-
I got mine custom built by Gremlins. They definately offer the best price built up for that rod
How much does this rod generally go for?
-
Hi guys got the new setup today and here are some photos.
-
And the reel.
Will be testing the rod out in the morning and will let you guys know what happens.
-
Is the rod a 1 piece Fritz? T-flex?
-
Tony its a 1 piece HMG 400/6. The T-flex rods are 3 piece if I understand it corectly.
-
Beautiful!
-
Tony its a 1 piece HMG 400/6. The T-flex rods are 3 piece if I understand it corectly.
Nort Fritz you confused boet the T-Flex is also one piece!
Lovely set up there just in time to use for common venue this weekend :tite
-
This thread has really got me wondering. I have to make a choice between getting my light scratching stick redone as a grinder stick or buying a new rod. The rod is an elbe so not a great blank redoing it will involve new winch new butt and new larger eyes. So not exactly cheap. Am I better off looking for something new and if so what?
-
This thread has really got me wondering. I have to make a choice between getting my light scratching stick redone as a grinder stick or buying a new rod. The rod is an elbe so not a great blank redoing it will involve new winch new butt and new larger eyes. So not exactly cheap. Am I better off looking for something new and if so what?
I reckon so. Get one built for you by ET. Try Louis' at the social. 2-4 oz with all the stuff you need, Bionic finger etc. Beautiful setup.
-
My bad Stef. Sorry Tony for feeding you poep.
-
Very nice setup Fritz (clap)
-
Going to be in margate at the end of July so ill be popping in for a chat with the guys at Gremlins
-
Let me know a bit closer to the time about your dates and time. Maybe we can get together and fish Splash if you are interested.
-
Thanx Fritz I'm always looking for someone to fish with especially someone as experienced as you
-
I only try bud.What would you be targeting when comming down?
-
Will depend on those silver bullets. If they are around I'm hunting the beeeg non eds. If they are not around it will probably be Garrick
-
This thread has really got me wondering. I have to make a choice between getting my light scratching stick redone as a grinder stick or buying a new rod. The rod is an elbe so not a great blank redoing it will involve new winch new butt and new larger eyes. So not exactly cheap. Am I better off looking for something new and if so what?
I will bring mine to the social for you to cast if you want.
-
Thanks if you don't mind it would be great
-
hi frirz
great setup, what did it cost you in total rod, bio finger,reel & braid? i am also looking at getting a grinder rod setup.
thnx
-
It was around the 6K mark.
-
Questions:
To chose a 13 or 14 ft rod for this application, must be 3 piece (travel limitations) - what would one go for?
Would a Stella 10000FA do the job?
The braid you guys are using - is it the plain Jigman or the Jigman Ultra?
-
@ Fritz, do you use braid on the grinder for casting distance and line capacity?
-
Tony your Stella will do the job without any hasle. One of the guys in the club fish with a Stella 10000. My braid was the std Jigman that costs between R685 and R900 for 300m depending on wich shop you get it from. The rod I will be able to let you know after the weekend. I am going down to Gremlins to test some rods out with Rob. Will give a report on Monday about our findings.
-
I have 50bl braid on the reel. 300m of the Jigman and 300m HMP as backing.
-
thanks fritz
-
Very interesting topic, not hi-jacking the post but we dont seem to get the HMP braid up here and i spoke to Rob the other day and he is very happy with it , how do u rate this braid as backing Fritz, looking to spool up a swimbait reel soon , and it seems well priced as well.??
-
Fritz please let us know what you guys find with the rods dont want to go into buying one blind. Mike if you decide on the HMP braid then lemme know I will be there 3rd week in July and can easily pick up a spool for you or even get them to spool up the reel???
-
Mike I am very happy with the braid. I used to be a firm believer in Whiplash, but at the rate that stuff is costing us theis days is crazy. I have it on most of my reels now, and for me it will be the way forward.
-
Thanks M.B and Fritz, just got to find out in what meterage it comes , need about 800 + if they have it in that lengths, i'll give Rob a call again and let u know :-)
-
If their is one bit of advice I can give you now is that you must look for a rod that is not to stiff. Remember that you are fishing with braid and their is no give in the line like their is in nylon. You are allso going to need the give in the rod when you throw a live bait in the water.
-
Mike if I may ask what reel are you going to use as a swimbait reel?
-
:shmno: Torium 50..... :creep: :creep: ..
-
Think about your line before you put it on.
600m braid and 600m .55 or .58 on top you still getting 1100/1200 m of line and their is a huge amount of drag put in the water with the 500/600m of nylon.
Aposed to the other way around when you have line capacity on you reel and not enough drag.
Hope this is making sence to you.
-
Thanks , thought of doing it that way, 600m braid and the rest topshot = a huge amount of drag in the water with fish on.. :corrct:
-
So back to the original topic , a Saltiga 5000 spinning reel , spooled up with the correct braid/ line would do the trick then as a grinder for R/S.. ?? I currently use this reel as my heavy spinning reel. so all i'd have to do is get a longer spinning rod.
-
Hahaha Mike... we're on the same wavelength... gonna have to choose between Swimbait reel and a new Rod for the grinder!!
-
:hnthnt: :hnthnt: .. at this point just need to get a rod for the grinder... :hehe: . now whats a good rod for this application , 13ft or more HMG or not... :cnfzd
-
One of my guys has taken a Loomis and converted it to fit with the grinder. I will give you better advice once I have checked the rod out at gremlins this Saterday.
-
:tkx: ... i know Loomis and Franklin do make some good spinning rods , something to look at as well.
-
@Mike
What size saltiga do you have? I want to get me one for my spinning rod but dont know what size to get.
-
the Saltiga 5000.
-
:tkx: Will you bring it to the cook off? I want to see if it is balanced on my rod.
-
Sure , no problem... yikes id better make a list of all the stuff im bringing.. :-)
-
Louis if you're going to spend that sort of ammo on a reel, go for the Stella. I've got the Stella 6000FA, I'll bring it with as well. The new range of StellaSW's are flippin amazing reels. Incredible technology of stopping line spin and long cast.
-
I've got the sustain 6000 but was looking for a reel with a longcast spool similar to the saltiga surf and the shimano ultegra.
-
I've got the sustain 6000 but was looking for a reel with a longcast spool similar to the saltiga surf and the shimano ultegra.
Ah Ok I'm with you.
-
Guys if you looking for a rod for the braid stick to standard graphite...Hmg rods are rather stiff and struggle to get the distance you looking as you need a bit of play. A rod that has really impressed me is my Poeseidon 4. Has it done up for a grinder and I use this rod for everything if I cant use my 1 piece...The guys in my club will vouch it throws as far as my 1 piece and has alot of pulling power and best of all it does not cost an arm an a leg.
Give Mike Perreria a shout at kingfihser on a price about a customising this stick for a grinder using the heavy tip. you cant go wrong
-
Another Rod that is also machine is the pentagon heavy (std graphite) it is 3 piece and also strong. My mate Nick uses this rod on the grinder and its also proven itself just not sure on the price
-
:tkx: Stef.
-
Sorry about all the replies as soon as I press send I remember another godd rod at a good price :craz:
The new Assassin Beachmaster Medium (toray graphite) I have been testing this rod and used it the past weekend in out common venue and caught a grey shark of about 6kg and it made easy work of it, you can defiantely pull some decent fish with this rod and it well priced at under 2k
-
Steff that Beach Master you talking about read 5c Short of R2500 when they quoted me in the beginning of the month.
-
Fritzi you are correct my friend...the price I gave was it standard setup which you can't use with a grinder, the price is 2.5k built up for the grinder thanks for the correction
-
No hasle mate, I must add that at that price you have a bionic finger included.
-
hey guy , i just bought a shimano tirelago 12 ' and a sarogossa 18000 with a bionic finger that im battling to mount on the rod , wha tis the defecit in distance i can expext compared to other set ups i threw a consistant 150 m on the rugby field today
-
question can a utegra spool be fitted on a Saragossa 18000f
-
hey guy , i just bought a shimano tirelago 12 ' and a sarogossa 18000 with a bionic finger that im battling to mount on the rod , wha tis the defecit in distance i can expext compared to other set ups i threw a consistant 150 m on the rugby field today
Don, I reckon you'd get at least an extra 20% distance with a 14 ft rod as opposed to a 12 ft...
As for your reel question...? sry :dunno:
-
Firstly :welc: nice to see you here.
I dont know if the spool will fit, don't think so.
-
hey buddy , thought as mucj it was you , im gona give this set up a go and see how she handles , i saw this other shimano called a bulls eye xt have you seen it here in sa , loks like a beast of a reel surf castine wide spool and it has a 20kg drag bru
:happ:
-
Sorry bud have not seen it as eyt but will start looking.
-
- Line Capacity (mono code) 40lb/240m, 48lb/200m, 56lb/170m
- Max Drag 20.0kg
- Bearings (ball/roller) 8/1
- Gear Ratio 3.9:1
- Weight 560g
- Retrieve 93cm
-
the picture im battling to load but chek it out here -http://cgi.ebay.com/Shimano-BULLS-EYE-XT-9120-Surf-Casting-Reel-New-/300513671503?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45f802b94f&clk_rvr_id=236194604144&x=71&y=10
-
Think this is what you talking about.
-
thats the one buddy ! what you think ?
-
Just remember that the Ultegra you can load with 600m of 50bl braid and the one in the picture will never get to 600m.
-
shite did not know that , bu tit is aluminium in construction isnt it ? and the ultegra carbon composite , what size is that reel anyway , it looks like a bigesh type reel
-
Will take some photos tonight and put somthing next to it so that we can compare.
-
Fritz what happened with testing the rods at Gremlins? Im still looking for some info on them
-
evening guys, almost time for me to go to the big blue this year and I must say, will fish the sea anytime instead of the dams inland.
This Vaalie has put his multiplier away (Kraaines King) and also got a Daiwa Opus Plus. Spooled it with XX .4mm soft green line and a .6mm Kingfisher leader.
I ordered a Loomis and Franklin spinning rod from Rock Hustler in Durban that can cast a 4-6 OZ sinker. (13 ft).
What do you think will be the distances that I will achieve with this setup. I will probably put out a sliding trace or 2 for the fun, but will more or less throw a normal throw trace with a chokka or baby squid or mackie head as bait.
Your input is highly appreciated!
:dwa:
-
You will most likely get about the same distance you would with your normal carp rods. The thicker line will be balanced out by the heavier sinker. Don't bother trying to slide on .40 line you will only get burnt off which is not fair on the fish. You will also battle to get a 6oz sinker to hold with a slide bait going out. Rather skip fishing the inland dams and spend the time annoying the other anglers there by throwing some sinkers. Don't get disheartened by the overwinds I used to battle with them more than you would believe in fact I almost sold all my stuff because of them but eventually you will get the hang of it
-
The rods we tested went very well. We got distances of 170m with one and the lighter of the two gave us a constant 150m. Their where some changes that we agreed on. If all goes well we should have them back in two weeks time after the mods and then they should be good for what we want.
-
@ Brakenjan
Must-Byte has said it all. But bring your multiplier with, if you are fishing in my side of the woods I will gladly spend some time with you and get your caasting right with the reel.
-
fritz will the new rods be able to throw largish baits say for a bronzie ect?
-
Don I hope the one wil be able to do so, will see when they come back, I managed a bonnie head with mine with out any hasle.
Just remember the setups wher actually made up to cast baits for smaller sharks and rays.
-
some pics to whet the appetite
My friend with a diamond I put him onto, mackie head was the bait. Sustain 8000, 50lb sufix braid
(http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/168131_1775083212834_1111941842_1993720_8295768_n.jpg)
downscaling, a grey on a flapped piggie, sustain 5000 and 14lb fireline.. that was fun :p
(http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/164739_1697770120055_1111941842_1850158_2901336_n.jpg)
a gulley shark on mackerel fillets, same place and tackle as the diamond
(http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/168190_1786063927345_1111941842_2015747_464127_n.jpg)
-
great cathces there aqua, i looked at a 350/5 purglass today , it feels good but did not try a grinder on it , the slim seven super mandril , was too stiff , i was thinking about a purglas strok 6 360 maybe what you guys think oh by the way i caught a gallie today 37 cm with my grinder and tirelago , it was fun but the tackle was a overkill was so lus just to catch something on her lo!!
-
thats exactly what I've got, I think its too stiff to cast with a grinder too... With that reel it will be an extremely heavy setup, not conducive to a comfortable days fishing. I'd maybe go with the 5 or even a 360/4 myself
-
Dankie vir al die terugvoer manne, ek verkies maar die gooi-traces as ek by die see is, nie te vertroud met 'n slide nie, maar wil julle vertel, eenkeer 'n maccie geslide en 'n shad gevang wat bietjie groter was as die maccie (kan jy glo).
My pa het al 'n 80kg + haai gevang so paar jaar gelede op 'n shad-trace. So enigietsis moontlik en kan gebeur by die see.
Ek sal bietjie in die week gou 'n paar pics neem van my see kit vir terugvoer.
Hoop almal het 'n great week! :cg:
-
thats exactly what I've got, I think its too stiff to cast with a grinder too... With that reel it will be an extremely heavy setup, not conducive to a comfortable days fishing. I'd maybe go with the 5 or even a 360/4 myself
do you have a tirelago or the 360/6?
-
lol sorry the 360/6
-
Evening guys, when I watched ESA I saw the guys used a Hi-Vis line (Yellow). My father who is very old school believes in a clear or light green line. He believes it gives fish a fright.
Would like to hear your input
:cg: :dwa:
-
Brakenjan it is :shmno: not that other one.
if you are fishing light and not using a leader then your old man right. but if you are useing a leader witch will be clear or light green like maxima then the bright stuff will not make a dif. in fact it is easier to see at night.
-
Dankie Fritz, Ja ek het altyd 'n .7mm Maxima ultra green leader opgehad, maar het nom nou verander na die kingfisher .6mm. ek het saam met my katrol 'n ekstra spoel gekry. altwee XX, maar die een is die Hi-Vis en die ander een die ligte groen.
In die verlede het my pa 'n maksima .55mm gebruik. Ook so groen een. Daai lyn was darem maar bullet proof.
Ek ry volgende Saterdag see toe!! :rck"
-
Watter deel van die kus kom jy bly?
-
Watter deel van die kus kom jy bly?
Fritz ..dont know if it's me . :cnfzd ..but your Afrikaans sucks ??? :hehe: ... :creep:
-
Chap, I have been in durban far to long. But had a nother look and it does not look bad at all.
But maybe i am wrong.
Witch part of the coast are you going to stay?
-
Chap, I have been in durban far to long. But had a nother look and it does not look bad at all.
But maybe i am wrong.
Witch part of the coast are you going to stay?
No Worries Brother ..I am jus teasing u .... :clwn ...
-
Halo Fritz, ek gaan margate toe vir 'n week en daarna gaan ek Winkelspruit toe vir 'n week. Ek dink die dinge gaan moeilik vakansie tyd by die peer wees, ek hou nogals van Lee Rock daar.
-
Gee my u luikie waneer jy by winkel spruit is dis naby aan my. Meskien kan ons u lynkie nat maak.
-
ok , so i have tried to sell my sarogossa wth no luck and the tirelago is still lying on the rod racks! :cry: , i have decided to go with the one pice t flex and oh well i suppose if no one wants the sarogossa i have to set the bionic finger accordingly will let you guys know ! i would love to get a ultegra though w;k
-
So now after much debate , conversations with top Anglers , and rod builders i have opted for the T-Flex 410/7 from Gremlins my baby will be here soon cant wait , unfortunately i will only see her when i return from moz in six weeks time aaarrggghhh!!!!!
-
sweet, be sure to post pics when you get her :cgrts:
enjoy Moz! do us all a favour and pop a couple pirates while you're there ;)
-
will do , i decided to keep the sarogossa , all the bos sa ts a stronger reel and will last a lot longer than ultegra , i may loose a few feet in the cast , but not a drastic loss
-
Hi Don, glad to hear you went the T-flex route. You wont be dissapointed mate.
@ Fritz - Thanks for the email - sorry for the late reply. How did you testing session go with the grinder?
-
eugene , do you think the /7 wont be too stiff , or should be better suited for the type of angling we gona do down here, i felt a few /7 t24's today and they were mmmmmhh well stiffish for grinders , but rob says ill have no proble punching a bait out cause of my height and built and that im used to the pentagon heavy, oh well too late to change now at least i know if push comes to shove i can taken 100kg plus BRONZIES WITH GRINDER OHHHHHHHHH I CANT WAIT NOW!!!!!
-
Cuz, have you had a look in the mirror lately? lol, dont stress, i think you will do justice to a /7. Only reason im going with a /6 is that im shorter and dont have the hieght advantage...however, even though with the rod shortened slightly, im going to maximise it fully. Lol, hell, those 100kg+ bronzies are going to box hard with you on the braid :) But hey, ill be right next to you ;) *WINK WINK*
-
yesterday we confirmed /7 today Wally WAtt advised otherwise , he says its too stiff for a grinder and he has caught big fish in major comps with his /6 t flex and has no problems throwing a big bait ,NOW what ? i mean this man is a legend in his own and has been fishing while i was still fluid , what to do , gona chat with rob again tomorrow and decide lucky he did not start cutting the / 7 blank shoo but still not decided on the blank but t flex it is !
-
T-flex def the way to go... As for the /6 or /7 debate, bru, as per our last discussion...as long as you comfortable dude :)
-
T-flex def the way to go... As for the /6 or /7 debate, bru, as per our last discussion...as long as you comfortable dude :)
So you gonna be Transporting the T-flex on top of your car all the way from JHB to wherever you're going? Brave boy!
-
Lol, perfect reason to upgrade to a 3.0 D4D :)
-
lol thats wht i got last year dec and im so happy , light on fuel , double cab spacious enough for five big boys and enough power to get anywhere , u wont be sorry dude!
-
heres my baby!
-
Guys the rods from Gremlins are ready for the market to go out. Rob will send me a detailed list of them and will post this as soon as I get it.
-
Hier is my nuwe stok :yipee:
-
Katrol : :dwa: