ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
FRESHWATER ANGLING => Fly fishing => Fly tying => Topic started by: Gerhard on February 08, 2011, 06:39:41 AM
-
I decided to take the plunge and started to tie my own flies...
Here is a few of my own versions
(http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/Jakkals/Fishing/P1050880.jpg)
(http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/Jakkals/Fishing/P1050877.jpg)
(http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/Jakkals/Fishing/P1050915.jpg)
(http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/Jakkals/Fishing/P1050883.jpg)
(http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/Jakkals/Fishing/P1050907.jpg)
(http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/Jakkals/Fishing/P1050909.jpg)
(http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/Jakkals/Fishing/P1050911.jpg)
(http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/Jakkals/Fishing/P1050934.jpg)
(http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/Jakkals/Fishing/P1050938.jpg)
(http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/Jakkals/Fishing/P1050944.jpg)
(http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/Jakkals/Fishing/P1050952.jpg)
(http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/Jakkals/Fishing/P1050957.jpg)
(http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/Jakkals/Fishing/P1050958.jpg)
-
Very very nice Gerhard! (clap) I like that first buzzer, looks like a deadly fly. I reckon that wet fly in the 9th pic will clean up in stillwaters, and I'd be really suprised if you don't pick up some yellows with that fly in the 5th and 6th pic. Nice flies man!
-
Thanks,
Will have to get more flies done for yellows.
Looks like the water will be fishable soon.... :happ:
-
Now you talking! Lets hope the flows stay the way they are! :pray: :pray: :pray:
-
Now you talking! Lets hope the flows stay the way they are! :pray: :pray: :pray:
Yea,
Then I have to tagg along so you guys can teach me how to catch my 1st SM on fly... :hnthnt:
-
Very nice Gerhard. Those last 6 flies will kill the yellows. I do love buggy looking flies.
-
Very nice! Also like the look of the buzzer in the 1st pic!
-
Yea,
Then I have to tagg along so you guys can teach me how to catch my 1st SM on fly... :hnthnt:
Sounds like we might have the making of "UA Yellowfish Vaal Trip 1" here..... :uarocks
-
Sounds like we might have the making of "UA Yellowfish Vaal Trip 1" here..... :uarocks
Keep me updated on the planning... :happ:
-
OK once we know for sure the flows are stable, we can put a plan of action together. (hap
-
Nice flies Gerhard, they will all catch fish. I especially like the one with the CDC wing in pic 8. I will take 10 in sizes 12, 14 and 16 please. w;k
-
Can't believe these are your first efforts Gerhard!?!? Brilliant man... good skills fella!!! (clap) + Cred.
-
Sounds like we might have the making of "UA Yellowfish Vaal Trip 1" here..... :uarocks
YES PLEEEEZE (clap).
If everyone is like Nico, Rory, and Schlossie, I don't know how much fishing will be done :hehe:
-
If everyone is like Nico, Rory, and Schlossie, I don't know how much fishing will be done :hehe:
Hey, you think you can hide that comment in the flyfishing section and I won't see it? :hehe:
Big brother is watching you LOL! You left Shag out the list w;k
-
Looks like a HUGE UA yellow session must be planned to get the guys stretched after all the rain the last couple of months!!! :happ: :happ:
-
Hey herman
We fish hard... we only drink hard too. Gerhard tose flies look awesome!!!
-
Hey herman
We fish hard... we only drink hard too. Gerhard tose flies look awesome!!!
Thanks,
I will let you guys drink while I keep on fishing.... w;k
-
Gerhard
We normaly just have a beer before and after a full session. Catching yellows comes first!!!
-
No problems with that.
I just dont drink alchol...
Will take a couple of cokes and a lot of water and join up. w;k
-
Niks Fout met 'n paar cokes nie!
-
A couple of new flies ....
(http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/Jakkals/Fishing/P1050981.jpg)
(http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/Jakkals/Fishing/P1050976.jpg)
(http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/Jakkals/Fishing/P1050964.jpg)
(http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/Jakkals/Fishing/P1060027.jpg)
(http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/Jakkals/Fishing/P1060029.jpg)
(http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/Jakkals/Fishing/P1060022.jpg)
(http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/Jakkals/Fishing/P1060042.jpg)
-
Nice!! Tie up about 10 of those flies in the 4th pic, in greys olives and green and you'll hammer the yellows!! (clap)
-
Nice!! Tie up about 10 of those flies in the 4th pic, in greys olives and green and you'll hammer the yellows!! (clap)
Thanks,
Do they need to be weighted or is the tungsten bead good enough?
-
Those look Awesome Gerhad !!!
Quick question,
Why the off-set eye ?
-
My sister past away this morning and I had to do something to keep my mind occupied ...
(http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/Jakkals/Fishing/P1060054.jpg)
(http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/Jakkals/Fishing/P1060053.jpg)
(http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/Jakkals/Fishing/P1060044.jpg)
(http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/Jakkals/Fishing/P1060059.jpg)