ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
OFFSHORE ANGLING => General Offshore Angling Discussion => Topic started by: Capt. Hook on November 08, 2010, 10:07:11 PM
-
Finally the 1st parcel of my Z-Man Arsenal of deadly fish catching lures arrived, and I am so excited. Now my fish catching rates are going to rocket with these deadly weapons.
-
Bulletz I am really excited with these
-
Needlerz I simply cannot wait to pull these, I know the fish will not leave these alone.
-
Ballyhooz To rig with my trolling lures
-
Bubblerz I cant wait to see the smoke trail left by these
-
Squidz Perfect for a Daisy Chain
-
Flyerz This is one Bird the fish will keep on banging
-
Paddle Tail This thing is HUGE
-
Water Hawk An awesome swim bait
-
Chatter Bait For casting this will definitely get a serious reaction bite
-
Ultra Crabs For those fish feeding on the bottom
-
Bulletz I am really excited with these
These look good! I want some.
-
Sorry Mike, please post the suppliers details for us.
-
The Supplier is Crow Bass Tackle in Waterfall Shopping Centre - 031-7622695 and he will post to anyone in the country.
He is the importer/agent so soon you should start seeing those is some shops soon
-
Ultra Crabs For those fish feeding on the bottom
Mike this crab is interesting on the banks the tuna was feeding on crabs in the water thousands of them I am leaving for lazurus on the 17 Nov do you have spare crabs wana catch myself a gas bottle
-
I only have the one, call the number above a get a few
-
Website??
-
Website??
www.crowbasstackle.co.za (http://www.crowbasstackle.co.za)
And there is a link to Z-Man from there
-
Holy Smokes!!! They look hot, and that's got nothing to do with the lighter in the pics...
-
Bubblerz I cant wait to see the smoke trail left by these
Some fantastic looking baits here Mike, those flying fish look magic!
just on the bubblers, Mold craft must be kakking themselves that they let that patent expire, there are wideranges and chggers coming from all over the place. I suppose you snooze you lose.
I am going to check the site now!
-
have you tried the soft flying fish yet , are you going to fish it alone or as a daisy chain - does it have a through hole ie nose to tail or just till the hook cavity ?
-
have you tried the soft flying fish yet , are you going to fish it alone or as a daisy chain - does it have a through hole ie nose to tail or just till the hook cavity ?
I will definately try it alone on teh corner and out rigger, I will also try it a a single bird ahead of the lure.
I think these will make beeeeg problems on a daisy chain with all the jumping they do.
I only see the hole up to the hook cavity.
The plastic is awesome, it can streeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetch like crazy and so will be super durable.
I have not used any yet as I just got them, will be rigging them this week and try on the weekend
-
as a bird inftont of a lure may not work , normally you want a buoyant /wood bird that holds it shape these may fold but worth a try . was thinking of an inline daisy chain with 5 rigged behind each other .keep me posted please on results .
-
as a bird inftont of a lure may not work , normally you want a buoyant /wood bird that holds it shape these may fold but worth a try . was thinking of an inline daisy chain with 5 rigged behind each other .keep me posted please on results .
The wings are stiff and it is suggested by the manufacturer to use it this way by inserting a wire through the middle.
-
I mailed them - no reply. Phones constantly engaged this morning. Tried 4 times to phone.
Mike, If you speak to them, please ask them to check mail.
-
me too since you sent me that PM awhile ago still cant seem to get through .
-
I mailed them - no reply. Phones constantly engaged this morning. Tried 4 times to phone.
Mike, If you speak to them, please ask them to check mail.
I will, try call him on cell, I know they just opened a new branch at Honda Marine in Pinetown and this could be why there is a delay with all the moving around of stock and shop fittings
Cell: Lionel - 082573435
-
I will, try call him on cell, I know they just opened a new branch at Honda Marine in Pinetown and this could be why there is a delay with all the moving around of stock and shop fittings
Cell: Lionel - 082573435
The boss is out, so the secretary is on the phone all day! It is permanently engaged, doesn't ring at all!
-
The boss is out, so the secretary is on the phone all day! It is permanently engaged, doesn't ring at all!
No I can assure you it is not like that, he is an extremely helpful person, these guys have been tops to me more than I can ever explain and so I will vouch for them.
It is a family run business and they are serious. I will tell him tomorrow anyway, but perhaps there is a line problem or something. Call him on his cell.
-
Got an email back, thanks Mike!
Prices are:
Needlerz around R190
Bullets R206
Ballyhooz R145
Flyerz R158
squidz R103
-
Got an email back, thanks Mike!
Prices are:
Needlerz around R190
Bullets R206
Ballyhooz R145
Flyerz R158
squidz R103
Those are fair when compared to the Dollar prices as it more or less work out at 10:1 and this includes VAT etc. and it is already here.
-
Those are fair when compared to the Dollar prices as it more or less work out at 10:1 and this includes VAT etc. and it is already here.
Keep us up to date with any catches on them! I'm keen to see how they perform.
-
Keep us up to date with any catches on them! I'm keen to see how they perform.
:hehe: I know they will perform, watch my catches. :crzy
-
Now Fully Rigged
Steel cable double hook Pro-Rig using 2 x 9/0 thin gauge stainless steel hooks (Sailfish hooks).
-
The Needlerz and Bulletz have been rigged with this Pro-Rig and 2 meters of 300lb leader
-
The Large Bubblerz have been rigged with this Pro-Rig and 2 meters of 300lb Leader
-
The small Bubblerz have been rigged with a free swinging single 6/0 Stainless Steel hook and 2 meters of 150lb Leader
-
The Flyerz have been rigged with a 9/0 Stainless Steel Hook into the hook slot on the lure with 2 meters of 300lb leader
-
The small Squidz have been made into a Daisy chain on 300lb leader and on the last one I inserted a 1oz weight and at the end there is a snap swivel where I can add it in front of any lure or I can run as a Teaser without hooks or I can insert a hook on the snap swivel
-
The Large Squidz have been rigged with 2 meters of 300lb leader a 4oz weight added into the head and a single 12/0 Stainless Steel hook
-
Mike have you tried those ballyhoo yet and do they work
thanks
-
Mike have you tried those ballyhoo yet and do they work
thanks
Sorry to but in kp11, but wanted to mention that a wahoo took a ballyhoo imitation made by williamson between two properly rigged fresh ballyhoo in December in Moz. No idea why this happened but had me thinking. Will be interesting to get feedback from Mike.
-
Mike have you tried those ballyhoo yet and do they work
thanks
Have not tried them yet, to busy looking for :billf: