ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
General Angling Topics => Saltwater Lure Angling => Topic started by: TimTDP on December 12, 2024, 06:10:06 PM
-
I understand that triple hooks may catch more fish but do more damage.
A tackle shop recommended using two hooks. As per attached photos
Or should I simply use a single hook?
Looking forward to your suggestions / recommendations
Thanks in advance
-
Have been using single hooks for many years now and dont have a problem.
-
I still prefer the single hook, especially on a lure where you know you can get the hook to face up. This reduces the chances of hooking rocks and other peoples line. If I miss a fish here or there because of that, well such is life.I remember catching a shad on a spoon with a triple hook. The shad took 1 hook through the bottom jaw and 2 hooks through the top jaw. That took me a while to get it off the spoon, as I did not have my big fishing box with everything in it, with me.
-
I understand that triple hooks may catch more fish but do more damage.
A tackle shop recommended using two hooks. As per attached photos
Or should I simply use a single hook?
Looking forward to your suggestions / recommendations
Thanks in advance
That kind of double hook set up will cost you many lost fish, I do not recommend you use that if you want solid hook ups. Best to stay with a treble or single hook.