ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

General Angling Topics => Saltwater Lure Angling => Topic started by: bowsalekta on March 06, 2021, 04:21:03 PM

Title: Shimano Spheros SW4000XG
Post by: bowsalekta on March 06, 2021, 04:21:03 PM
Hi


Managed to pick up a Shimano SW4000XG inshore series this morning after going in to get a Shimano Nasci 4000 for a light weight 9'10 technium rod for shore slow jigging and light spinning.


Seems like a great reel that ticks all the boxes. 6.2:1, 11kg drag, 280gr, 99cm retrieve. R1899.


There is just not much info or reviews on this reel online. Its apparently built off the older Stradic with updated "SW" features inside. I'm surprised it doesn't get more attention. Anyone here have first hand experience with one for spinning etc in SA?


I have the new Sustain 5000XG Stradic 5000XG and BG3000 and this feels great out the box. Now just to decide what braid goes on it...


PS, this isn't the big heavy Spheros I was always used too seeing.


https://fish.shimano.com/content/fish/northamerica/us/en/homepage/Shimano_Product_Page.P-SPHEROS_SW_1.html


Would like to hear your thoughts
Title: Re: Shimano Spheros SW4000XG
Post by: fishatic on March 08, 2021, 08:27:56 PM
The Inshore or 3000 & 4000 SW Spheros are effectively old model (FK) Stradics with a reduced bearing count at a brilliant price.


I reckon you bought a great reel.
Title: Re: Shimano Spheros SW4000XG
Post by: fishatic on March 08, 2021, 08:36:10 PM
Internal view.
Title: Re: Shimano Spheros SW4000XG
Post by: bowsalekta on March 08, 2021, 08:48:22 PM
The Inshore or 3000 & 4000 SW Spheros are effectively old model (FK) Stradics with a reduced bearing count at a brilliant price.


I reckon you bought a great reel.


Thanks, I think so too. I'm surprised it hasnt caught more attention locally seeing as how popular the older Stradics have been. Probably because if its 4000 size and not the popular 5000 model sizes usually used.
Title: Re: Shimano Spheros SW4000XG
Post by: fishatic on March 10, 2021, 09:36:08 AM
4k size could be a reason; also any folks don't know that its the old Stradic at 1/2 price
Title: Re: Shimano Spheros SW4000XG
Post by: Lenny on March 11, 2021, 10:49:39 AM
The older models are good too .


Never knew , they brought in the smaller sizes in them .


With value , for money , the lower end Shimano’s are a VERY good deal IMO.


Thanks fishatic for that info .
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal