ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
General Angling Topics => Saltwater Lure Angling => Topic started by: PatrickH on July 08, 2020, 10:26:53 PM
-
Can anyone tell me the difference between the old Loomis and Franklin 11ft Archipelago and the new STX
Both have the same components and rating but there is a R700 difference between the two,
I primary want it for spinning with 1 - 2 ounce spoons and paddletails.
Many thanks
-
simply put higher quality carbon fibre with superior resin system
much less resin and less fibre used for same strength.
-
Thanks Fishatic,
Am I correct that the new rod is just lighter ?
Is there a difference in stiffness between the two ?
I just wondered as I remember that the old exage 8 ft spinning was much stiffer than the new one which was much softer
As all the other specs seem the same the only other difference besides the cosmetics is simply the price.
-
Roughly the same curve; just lighter and faster recovery after a cast
-
Thanks.
Have just ordered mine :tkx: