ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

General Angling Topics => CLASSIFIEDS => Topic started by: Haroldg on June 28, 2020, 05:08:35 PM

Title: Wanted - Holographic?Prism Tape
Post by: Haroldg on June 28, 2020, 05:08:35 PM
A friend has a collection of these Abu Garcia Toby spoons that have seen better days. Had the base not been brass I would tell him to turf the lot. These are around R85 so it's worth restoring seeing the Holographic tape is dirt cheap. I managed to find some but it doesn't seem as though suppliers are keen to deliver to our banana republic anymore.  If anyone has some to part with or knows where I can source this locally please shout. I tried a few places and can find nothing even close to this.
Title: Re: Wanted - Holographic?Prism Tape
Post by: REEFMAN on June 29, 2020, 10:12:27 AM
Harold, a few years ago, we sourced that tape through Chase Fishing - the chaps who make the Chase bullet spoons. Think they're based in Ballito. Worth trying them I think.
Title: Re: Wanted - Holographic?Prism Tape
Post by: Big boy on June 29, 2020, 06:24:59 PM
Found this on junk mail, store name is WWW.COMPUTERS4US.CO.ZA
Title: Re: Wanted - Holographic?Prism Tape
Post by: Haroldg on June 29, 2020, 11:06:03 PM
Harold, a few years ago, we sourced that tape through Chase Fishing - the chaps who make the Chase bullet spoons. Think they're based in Ballito. Worth trying them I think.


Thanks Tony, My mate lives close to Ballito. Will be great if Rob has what he's looking for.
Title: Re: Wanted - Holographic?Prism Tape
Post by: Haroldg on June 29, 2020, 11:15:41 PM
Big boy - Thanks. These are quite common. I've seen them at Value Centre in Springfield Park. The one on the Abu Garcia toby is a reflective white and very effective. Have you used any of those and how effective have they been. They are extremely thin and you need a good clear coat over them? You definitely didn't land that big stumpie on a lure covered with that tape... :-)
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal