ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

General Angling Topics => CLASSIFIEDS => Topic started by: hookedon on May 25, 2020, 12:05:38 PM

Title: Ulu spool Penn Jigmaster
Post by: hookedon on May 25, 2020, 12:05:38 PM
Hi to you all


I sincerely hope everyone is still doing well


I am looking for an aluminium spool for a Penn 500 jigmaster which i want to mag


Tried some shops but nada, the one guy told me they stopped selling spares long long loooong time age.
suppose the reel is too old for any spares of the shelf


thank you and be safe
Title: Re: Ulu spool Penn Jigmaster
Post by: BJR on May 25, 2020, 12:24:42 PM
You might find a 2nd hand Penn 500 with Aluminium spool on Gumtree/OLX etc for cheap.
There are quite a few Penn collectors in SA, & am sure s.one has a spare lying around.
I can get a new 1 for around R500/550. Chinese made though.

Title: Re: Ulu spool Penn Jigmaster
Post by: GUPPIGETTA on May 25, 2020, 02:37:33 PM
How about trying to cut a thin disc of aluminium and bonding it to the plastic spool with Epidermix 372 and then mag it.
Title: Re: Ulu spool Penn Jigmaster
Post by: Chancer on May 25, 2020, 04:24:14 PM
I don't think that will work.
Aluminium is non-magnetic
Title: Re: Ulu spool Penn Jigmaster
Post by: RiyadhEd on May 25, 2020, 07:17:39 PM
I still have my penn 500. It is still an awesome reel. My son prefers using it over his adrenalin.
Title: Re: Ulu spool Penn Jigmaster
Post by: Visenvryheid on May 26, 2020, 12:51:52 AM
I don't think that will work.
Aluminium is non-magnetic
Non magnetic metals like aluminium induce eddy currents in magnetic fields, which the this magnetic breaking relies on..
Try on ebay maybe?
Title: Re: Ulu spool Penn Jigmaster
Post by: colin on May 26, 2020, 07:49:23 AM
Hi my Daiwa  30 has an aluminum plate stuck  onto the spool , mag works 100%  :toppie:
Title: Re: Ulu spool Penn Jigmaster
Post by: ianf on May 26, 2020, 09:00:52 AM
In the days before lockdown, I would see the occasional Penn 500 at the Cash Converter / second hand shops. Some were in excellent condition. It's very much a hit and miss thing. You have to pop in there on a regular basis, and sooner or later you find one.
Title: Re: Ulu spool Penn Jigmaster
Post by: fishatic on May 26, 2020, 09:03:43 AM
Hi to you all


I sincerely hope everyone is still doing well


I am looking for an aluminium spool for a Penn 500 jigmaster which i want to mag


Tried some shops but nada, the one guy told me they stopped selling spares long long loooong time age.
suppose the reel is too old for any spares of the shelf


thank you and be safe



Hookedon,

You can still buy brand new Jigmaster 500L's, they are still in production.
My local shop has one or two on the shelf, and since I do some reel work for them, I often lurk in their workshop. I am pretty sure I have seen a Jigmaster spool in one of the parts drawers.

When they open up, I will have a look-see for you.
Brandon
Title: Re: Ulu spool Penn Jigmaster
Post by: hookedon on May 26, 2020, 09:56:01 AM
Morning gents


Thanks for all the replies, much appreciated.


Brandon, thanks,  very kind of you. :tkx:
Title: Re: Ulu spool Penn Jigmaster
Post by: BJR on May 26, 2020, 07:36:10 PM
Hi there Hookedon.....


I managed to find you a spare spool from a friend in the Cape, that's if Brandon did not manage.
Pse send me a Whatzapp on Zero 8 Three 2 Eight 4 Five 66 Nine.


He requests you to cover the Postnet cost only.





Title: Re: Ulu spool Penn Jigmaster
Post by: fishatic on May 26, 2020, 08:17:39 PM
Take Ben up on his offer.

Shop not open yet.....
Title: Re: Ulu spool Penn Jigmaster
Post by: Visenvryheid on May 26, 2020, 11:10:16 PM
What a legend..you too Brandon! Saffas..sometimes we are just such lekker people..othertimes our surname ends with a Z!
Title: Re: Ulu spool Penn Jigmaster
Post by: ianf on May 27, 2020, 02:59:45 PM
Such good okes on this forum!!
Title: Re: Ulu spool Penn Jigmaster
Post by: BJR on May 31, 2020, 09:35:46 PM
Still no reply from Hookedon  ??
Title: Re: Ulu spool Penn Jigmaster
Post by: hookedon on June 05, 2020, 07:28:46 AM
Sorry guys . I had no internet for a while


 Thanks for all the help and i will contact BJR later today or tomorrow.


Yes, i agree The help on this forum is the   :ult:
Title: Re: Ulu spool Penn Jigmaster
Post by: AC on June 11, 2020, 11:45:12 AM
Hi Arrie as soon as this storm is over I'll get the spool to you. Received your Postnet money.
Regards AC
Title: Re: Ulu spool Penn Jigmaster
Post by: BJR on June 11, 2020, 06:50:15 PM
Thks a million Alan  :ayb :tkx:   :resp:
Title: Re: Ulu spool Penn Jigmaster
Post by: hookedon on June 20, 2020, 05:33:17 PM
To BJR and AC, thank you sooooo much for all the effort and time , received the spool .


You guys really went out of youre way to help me and that for nothing but just to help somebody.


Thank you Sirs
Title: Re: Ulu spool Penn Jigmaster
Post by: BJR on June 20, 2020, 07:28:07 PM
Always a pleasure to help a fellow angler. Enjoy Arrie :tite
Title: Re: Ulu spool Penn Jigmaster
Post by: AC on June 24, 2020, 09:02:10 PM
My pleasure Arrie


Now to find what I like .... the OLD Penn 49 / 49A reel, box or parts ...


Alan 081three54zero171
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal