ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
General Angling Topics => Saltwater Lure Angling => Topic started by: Torpedo Jack on February 10, 2020, 09:20:42 AM
-
Hi Guys!
We'll be visiting the South Coast this April, and I'd love to put in a spinning session or two at Umdoni Point. I understand that local knowledge is key, both in terms of fishing, as well as in safety. Any locals keen to join me for a session of catch an release?
I can be contacted at zero eight two 295 8005
Looking forward,
Mike
-
Good day
I would have joined you, but my boy is due to make his arrival in April :happ: so have to cut it down until December.
90% of the fisherman in that area are rock n surf and I mainly see people spooning for Shad.
I would advise you not to go alone if you do not get anyone to accompany you.
-
Thanks, Preno!
I don't think I'd dare go there alone! Some company is always appreciated on the rocks!
Hopefully one of the Ultimates will be around in April!
Mike
-
I will try my best to come and join you one morning. I know the point very well.
-
Good time of the year for natal snoek there.
-
Thanks, Riekert!
I'm really looking forward to our visit!
Mike
-
Hi Mike. Ill be keen to join you! Ill be there in Pennington from 9 - 13 April, and I also need someone to fish with. Will be heading out almost every morning and evening. Keen to target Natal Snoek.
-
Hey Shane!
Thanks for the reply! If Riekert manages to join us, we'll be three. My buddy, Guarin, might also join us. A group of 4 guys is less likely to look like a tasty target for the crims! Drop me a line on 0eight22958005, and I'll add you to my contacts. We'll chat closer to the time! Can't wait!
Mike
-
Eish - Shane! just looked at your dates.... I'm there from the 14th to the 24th, so I might miss you...
-
Eish - Shane! just looked at your dates.... I'm there from the 14th to the 24th, so I might miss you...
Hi Mike. What a pitty! I'll let you know if I have any luck!
Well if anyone is in the area from 9- 13 April, let me know!
-
Hi guys. Missed my April trip to Pennington last year due to lockdown. Will be in Pennington from 1 - 5 April this year. Keen to do some early morning spinning at the point . :cout: It's nice to meet up with a few people in the morning for safety purposes. Anyone who is keen please let me know.
-
Hi guys. Missed my April trip to Pennington last year due to lockdown. Will be in Pennington from 1 - 5 April this year. Keen to do some early morning spinning at the point . :cout: It's nice to meet up with a few people in the morning for safety purposes. Anyone who is keen please let me know.
Howzit, im going down to Umdoni point in the next week or so and wanted to find out if you had and luck and if you had any tips for me as I don't know this spot that well, anything is appreciated, thank you.
-
Hi Jared. I fish the point quiet often but haven't had much luck besides shad and bonnies. Its a spot that you will have to pay your school fee's. I have seen se good snoek come out. Arrive early (in the dark), scout the area before for rocks. Pink and green iron candies. Tight lines.