ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

General Angling Topics => Shore Angling => THE GRINDER REVOLUTION => Topic started by: 2bar.boost on October 30, 2019, 09:52:15 AM

Title: Assassin Beachmaster FSSC Lite
Post by: 2bar.boost on October 30, 2019, 09:52:15 AM
Good day Gents


I finally got my Stradic FK, what a awesome reel yor.


I'm planning to get the Assassin FSSC Lite. Rated 2 to 4oz so I can scratch and spin with it.


Anyone have experience with this rod?





Title: Re: Assassin Beachmaster FSSC Lite
Post by: Angler21 on October 30, 2019, 02:49:51 PM
I had one.

Loved it. Very capable of handling more than expected.

I preferred it as a scratching rod as opposed to spinning. Spinning, you could not beat the Poseidon Ultra Lite 11.6ft
Title: Re: Assassin Beachmaster FSSC Lite
Post by: 2bar.boost on October 30, 2019, 02:57:30 PM
 :tkx:
Title: Re: Assassin Beachmaster FSSC Lite
Post by: Allie on October 30, 2019, 03:44:55 PM
I got the original Assassin Lite (when Blue Marlin still supplied the blanks). It is more of a scratching rod. As a spinning rod it will is fine if you occasionally use it to spin but there are much more spin friendly rods on the market.
Title: Re: Assassin Beachmaster FSSC Lite
Post by: 2bar.boost on October 30, 2019, 03:54:36 PM
Thanks Allie. Ya I'm realizing now it will be better to get a dedicated rod for each application. Will look into Angler21's suggestion and a fssc medium for heavier surf fishing
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal