ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
General Angling Topics => CLASSIFIEDS => Topic started by: REEFMAN on September 01, 2019, 12:27:06 PM
-
Pentagon Shark Extreme medium HMG For Sale. Still in great condition.13ft 6" - 3 piece - HMG original Blue Marlin Blank, built by Rob Gavin of Gremlins in Margate.
Casts 7-10oz.
Flip up guide, Trigger winch.
Ideal Shark/Drone fishing rod.
Comes with larney Canvas Rod Bag.
Asking R3000 R2500.
Preferably collection in JHB.
-
Price drop - R2700
-
Price drop - R2700
Pics Tony?
-
Price drop R2500. Last time.
-
Hi,
Is the rod still available?
-
It is.
reefman @ ultimateangling. co. za
-
I would take this rod in a heartbeat but shipping is a problem at the moment :-(
-
Rod still available. dewalds disappeared. :dunno:
-
Rod still available. Bargain at R2500!
-
Tony, I’ll take the rod if it’s still available. I snapped my Pentagon’s mid section last week while fishing in the Outerbanks :cry: . I’ll PM you to get your banking details.
P.S, you don’t know anyone with a spare Pentagon Medium mid section by any chance? I’m trying to get hold of Rob Gavin but heard rumours that the Blue Marlin factory closed down so not sure if I’d be able to get a replacement from them.
-
Damn! Sorry Jakes, it was sold yesterday... :-(
-
Jakes,
Blue Marlin probably could make you a new section as they did not close, production of 1 piece blanks is no more they sold off 1 piece mandrels and ovens.
Production is very limited but possible from my discussions with them.
They actually have some new rods that are being produced in the East due to hatefully expensive tarrifs and duties that re applied to carbion cloth, but not on manufactured rods/blanks.
There are some very nice 13'+ heavers available in the USA that will probably set you back less than a new section+shipping.....
Brandon
-
I spoke to Rob Gavin from Gremlins and he told me that the range of blank that the Pentagon Medium was built from was actually discontinued 4 years ago already
-
Right, USA available rods for you then; only problem is the typical US high reel seat; a good builder might be able to modify or assist.
You targeting Drum mostly?
-
Red Drum, Black Drum, Striped Bass, Sharks, Flatfish, basically anything that will bite w;k . The Pentagon mainly sliding for sharks and flatfish. I do have some Assasin’s setup for grinders and yup, a US heaver will be next acquisition. I know a couple of rod builders this side but nothing beats the original.