ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

General Angling Topics => Saltwater Lure Angling => Topic started by: huntley on June 02, 2019, 12:54:18 PM

Title: Cape Town Area in September
Post by: huntley on June 02, 2019, 12:54:18 PM
I am going to be in the Cape Town (Milnerton) area in mid September and would like to know if it is worth bringing my spinning rods with me and what to target at that time of the year? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated and I am happy to travel as long as it isn't to far (50 - 100 km radius)
Title: Re: Cape Town Area in September
Post by: 2bar.boost on June 03, 2019, 07:20:20 AM
Langebaan   :rck" .
Title: Re: Cape Town Area in September
Post by: 2bar.boost on June 03, 2019, 07:22:12 AM
Baan comes alive from August onward. Lotsa fun on light spinning gear.
Title: Re: Cape Town Area in September
Post by: huntley on June 03, 2019, 10:39:36 AM
Thanks for the info. What species do you target at Langebaan at that time of the year?
Title: Re: Cape Town Area in September
Post by: 2bar.boost on June 03, 2019, 10:43:19 AM
Mostly White stumpnose. Best baits Sand/muds prawn and white mussel.
Some Elf/shad and Kob come out occasionally too
Title: Re: Cape Town Area in September
Post by: Trier on June 04, 2019, 03:29:30 PM
From the shore, white stumpnose. From boat, elf and big kob early season but plenty bronzies taxing you.
Title: Re: Cape Town Area in September
Post by: travelmember on June 04, 2019, 06:53:09 PM
Spinning? I would suggest you jump on an inshore charter for yellowtail. Can be a world class fishery in September. I think Fish Tales run shared boats from time to time.
Just a taster - Saturday, we ended up releasing fish - got them on stick baits, spinners, jigs, casting Rapala's etc. Some smaller fish 2-3kgs and some up to 8kg. Nice rev on light tackle.
Title: Re: Cape Town Area in September
Post by: Moby on June 04, 2019, 08:40:33 PM
I would try Muizenberg lagoon  :grk:
Title: Re: Cape Town Area in September
Post by: huntley on June 06, 2019, 08:59:01 AM
Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated. Checked out Fish Tales website. I will be on my own and R9500 per day is beyond my budget and I also have a problem with seasickness LOL. From what I can gather the summer months is when to fish artificials in CT. Will maybe bring a fly rod down and try Muizenberg lagoon
Title: Re: Cape Town Area in September
Post by: 2bar.boost on June 06, 2019, 09:07:57 AM
Will maybe bring a fly rod down and try Muizenberg lagoon
You will find garrick and big bullnose mullet
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal