ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
FRESHWATER ANGLING => Fly fishing => Trout fishing => Topic started by: WalkersKiller on October 14, 2010, 01:55:18 PM
-
Hi guys just wondering if anyone can help me with these questions:
Do Trout feed at night? I have seen them feed before sunrise and after sunset...
What bait would you be able to catch them on? I have heard stories of bacon and sausage from my cousin...
Do they feed on the bottom very often or are they a mid-water, topwater species?
Do they scavange?
Thanks guys :tkx: much appreciated!
WK
:ult:
-
Hi guys just wondering if anyone can help me with these questions:
Do Trout feed at night? yes prolifically I have seen them feed before sunrise and after sunset...
What bait would you be able to catch them on? a fly, other methods are not considered ethical. Black is your best color if night fishing is allowed. I have heard stories of bacon and sausage from my cousin...
Do they feed on the bottom very often or are they a mid-water, topwater species?
It depends on the time of season/day and where the thermocline lies in the water
Do they scavange? yes
Thanks guys :tkx: much appreciated!
WK
:ult:
-
Great thanks alot Jaen, very interesting! Have some cred... Any ideas why Trout are mainly targeted on fly and other lures in other countries?
-
Great thanks alot Jaen, very interesting! Have some cred... Any ideas why Trout are mainly targeted on fly and other lures in other countries?
As far as I know they are only targeted with the fly.
-
Ok cool :tkx:, i know they use spinners and small spoons in some parts of North America to target them in a similar way to salmon...