ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

General Angling Topics => Saltwater Lure Angling => Topic started by: Plugger on February 07, 2019, 09:52:09 AM

Title: Fixing Wind knots
Post by: Plugger on February 07, 2019, 09:52:09 AM
I watched a video the other day where a guy rubs a wind knot with lip ice then pulls both ends and the knot just slides out. Looks impressive but I haven't had the occasion to try it myself yet.Going to try a few casts on the upcoming Mozam trip for the Racetech Jetski comp later this month.
Title: Fixing Wind knots
Post by: REEFMAN on February 07, 2019, 11:50:55 AM
That was Steenie, of "a learning experience" thread fame... Riekert.

Was an impressive display! Will definitely give it a try.

Here's the link -   https://www.facebook.com/riekert.vanheerden/videos/2423913530971720/ (https://www.facebook.com/riekert.vanheerden/videos/2423913530971720/)
Title: Re: Wind knots
Post by: FishStyx on February 07, 2019, 01:20:36 PM
I saw it somewhere else, can't recall where, but it makes sense and will work with any kind of viscous lubricant. Just be sure that whatever you use won't damage your braid... Makes it easier to carry KY in your tackle box.
Title: Re: Wind knots
Post by: PatrickH on February 10, 2019, 12:12:04 PM
The late Seeker taught me that lip ice trick for wind knots. I have had great success using it especially with 0.1 - 0.2 diameter braid


The secret is to NOT try and pull it out by force as I have learned but to apply lip ice generously before pulling.



SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal