ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

FRESHWATER ANGLING => Fly fishing => Topic started by: rockspider on February 01, 2019, 01:14:54 PM

Title: Day Fishing
Post by: rockspider on February 01, 2019, 01:14:54 PM

Hello all,
It has been a while since I posted but unfortunately it has been nearly 2 years since I held a flyrod.
I am looking for recommendations for day fishing within 2-2.5 hours from Jhb in March with or without a guide.
Please can you provide any recommendations? It has been years since I fished in freshwater.
Thank you, have a good weekend
eug
Title: Re: Day Fishing
Post by: keats10 on February 01, 2019, 03:18:32 PM
Hey,


Depends what you want to target?
Trout:
Dullstroom is 2.5 hours and can't go wrong there.
Otherwise a little closer is kloofzicht.


Yellows will still be the vaal.
Title: Re: Day Fishing
Post by: rockspider on February 04, 2019, 11:03:27 PM
Thank you, can you recommend any Dullstroom venues or venues for Yellows?
Title: Re: Day Fishing
Post by: keats10 on February 05, 2019, 10:51:15 AM
No Problem.


I normally go to millstream in dullstroom but no day fishing. you would probably have to go through mavungana to get access to waters. MAybe check out dullstroom dams?


Venues for yellows would be silwerstroom, strydom and vaal hackle or anything along that stretch.
Title: Re: Day Fishing
Post by: rockspider on February 06, 2019, 11:31:48 AM
Thank you
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal