ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
General Angling Topics => Shore Angling => THE GRINDER REVOLUTION => Topic started by: BJR on September 06, 2018, 06:13:12 PM
-
Question to All UA Reel specialists - How much diffs are there between the 2016 Daiwa BG model & the current BG Magsealed model ?
Eagerly watching this space ?
-
I have heard that these BG’s are serious bang for the buck!! I have a smaller one, think it’s a 3000 and am very happ with it, it is exceptionally smooth!
-
I believe so, found the answers I was looking for.
Thought the reel-critics would jump & give their 2c, but seemingly the new Magsealed has not found many new homes yet.
A bit more pricey, but taking the diffs into consideration its really worth it.
-
New BG spinning reels are NOT sealed at all.
No O rings.
No mag sealed bearings.
No mag sealed anti-reverse clutch.
Nadda.
-
http://www.basilmanning.co.za/daiwa-bg-mag-seal-sp-544486.html?cat=2568 (http://www.basilmanning.co.za/daiwa-bg-mag-seal-sp-544486.html?cat=2568) It's basically the current Daiwa BG with the sealing of the saltist, but i doesn't get the extra BB's. Priced between the BG and Saltist as well.
-
We must be ahead of the US and Aussie market then 'cause neither of them offer a BG with Magseal....
http://www.daiwa.com/us/contents/reels/bg_sw_spinning/index.html (http://www.daiwa.com/us/contents/reels/bg_sw_spinning/index.html)
https://daiwafishing.com.au/products/bg/ (https://daiwafishing.com.au/products/bg/)
Either way they are good reels
-
Checked out with a US friend in the trade:
1. A Saltist minus the bronze shielded minibea bearings (crbb) (can't tell if they have the same light rubber seals)
2. A USA Saltist Back Bay minus the Machined aluminium main gear.
3. A USA BG with mag seal
I can't tell if it has mag seal anywhere else but at the AR clutch....
If it's a BG with nothing more than magseal at one spot....I don't know how much I like it.
If it has the marginally effective seals at the handle shaft and spool shaft.....and is a cheaper ball bearing equipped Saltist
The USA market is selling the Black and blue Saltist for about the same price i think give or take
-
Hi all. Any update on the pros and cons of the magseal after 2 years? Considering getting one... Thanks UPDATE never mind found the long magsealed thread