ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

General Angling Topics => Shore Angling => THE GRINDER REVOLUTION => Topic started by: adam on June 13, 2018, 07:02:28 AM

Title: Daiwa Windcast Z5500
Post by: adam on June 13, 2018, 07:02:28 AM
Hi guys


Any thoughts on this reel?  Haven't seen many in circulation.  Who is using one and how is it performing in your opinion?


I have mine loaded on a cut-down purglas 350/3 coming in at around 12ft.  Still getting to grips with the casting action, but otherwise I am very happy with the combo.
Title: Re: Daiwa Windcast Z5500
Post by: HennieB on June 13, 2018, 07:23:00 AM
I use them for specimen carp fishing, loaded with 600m 30lb braid. Had them for 2.5 years now and I fish great distances with them, they haven't given a days trouble. Always smooth and the quick drag is superb! Block and tackle, they can winch. :dwa:
Title: Re: Daiwa Windcast Z5500
Post by: adam on June 13, 2018, 07:40:50 AM
Had to replace the handle though.  They come out with a crappy one
Title: Re: Daiwa Windcast Z5500
Post by: REEFMAN on June 13, 2018, 09:54:25 AM
Windcast is fancied overseas with the surfcasters because of the long cast spool. Many are happy with it.
Title: Re: Daiwa Windcast Z5500
Post by: LeerieLegend on June 13, 2018, 11:12:54 AM
I have seen a boy probably 15 years old land a 70kg Raggie at Witsand with a Daiwa Windcast reel. Not sure of the size of the reel though.


 :shrk:


Had to help him land it, he was so excited for fishing, he left his dad at the dinner table to go fishing on his own, and ended up landing his first "big" shark.


 :rck"
Title: Re: Daiwa Windcast Z5500
Post by: REEFMAN on June 13, 2018, 11:33:13 AM
I have seen a boy probably 15 years old land a 70kg Raggie at Witsand with a Daiwa Windcast reel. Not sure of the size of the reel though.


 :shrk:


Had to help him land it, he was so excited for fishing, he left his dad at the dinner table to go fishing on his own, and ended up landing his first "big" shark.


 :rck"
Wow great story!
Title: Re: Daiwa Windcast Z5500
Post by: adam on June 13, 2018, 12:23:17 PM
I have seen a boy probably 15 years old land a 70kg Raggie at Witsand with a Daiwa Windcast reel. Not sure of the size of the reel though.


 :shrk:


Had to help him land it, he was so excited for fishing, he left his dad at the dinner table to go fishing on his own, and ended up landing his first "big" shark.


 :rck"


Nice! Dad missed out.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal