ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

FRESHWATER ANGLING => Fly fishing => Topic started by: WalkersKiller on October 12, 2010, 12:57:14 PM

Title: Fly Fishing this weekend!
Post by: WalkersKiller on October 12, 2010, 12:57:14 PM
Hi guys, thought I would let you know I am going fly fishing in dullstroom this weekend for Rainbows. Will post report on monday, cant wait its been about 6 months since I hooked anything on fly... Cant wait! Hope to get a few fish over the 1kg mark. Any fly advice for this time of year? I was thinking hoppers, rabs, ddds and small nymphs...
Title: Re: Fly Fishing this weekend!
Post by: jaenswart on October 12, 2010, 01:12:37 PM
Hi guys, thought I would let you know I am going fly fishing in dullstroom this weekend for Rainbows. Will post report on monday, cant wait its been about 6 months since I hooked anything on fly... Cant wait! Hope to get a few fish over the 1kg mark. Any fly advice for this time of year? I was thinking hoppers, rabs, ddds and small nymphs...

Where are you fishing in dullies?
Title: Re: Fly Fishing this weekend!
Post by: WalkersKiller on October 13, 2010, 09:33:29 AM
Going to Millstream farm bru, about 5 minutes before dullstroom on the Belfast side  :sml:
Title: Re: Fly Fishing this weekend!
Post by: Rory on October 13, 2010, 09:41:44 AM
.......Any fly advice for this time of year?...

Speedcops with green beads. NB: Make sure the body is peacock hearl not something else. Deadly! :tite
Title: Re: Fly Fishing this weekend!
Post by: WalkersKiller on October 13, 2010, 09:43:35 AM
Awesome! Thanks a lot Rory  :sml:
Title: Re: Fly Fishing this weekend!
Post by: Rory on October 13, 2010, 09:51:37 AM
At this time of year I reckon you wouldn't go too wrong fishing some dragonfly and damsel nymphs as well. Check the weeds to see what goggas are about and then adjust your tactics! w;k
Title: Re: Fly Fishing this weekend!
Post by: Ziggy on October 13, 2010, 09:53:38 AM
.....and no Camo worm, albany white, or cheesewhirls!
Title: Re: Fly Fishing this weekend!
Post by: Rory on October 13, 2010, 09:54:35 AM
.....and no Camo worm, albany white, or cheesewhirls!

 :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :lolo:
Title: Re: Fly Fishing this weekend!
Post by: WalkersKiller on October 13, 2010, 09:57:30 AM
Cool cool thanks again!
Title: Re: Fly Fishing this weekend!
Post by: Ziggy on October 13, 2010, 11:03:58 AM
my firm favourites are anything olive - somehow that does the best for me ( in the berg - never fished Dullstroom)
Title: Re: Fly Fishing this weekend!
Post by: WalkersKiller on October 13, 2010, 11:12:54 AM
Thanks Ziggy will definitely keep that in mind!  :tkx:
Title: Re: Fly Fishing this weekend!
Post by: WalkersKiller on October 15, 2010, 11:04:44 AM
Off to Dullstroom in a couple of hours  :happ: cant wait to get hooked into a fish! Will post back a report on Monday! Hope you guys have an awesome weekend!  :tite
Title: Re: Fly Fishing this weekend!
Post by: Rory on October 15, 2010, 11:13:18 AM
Tight lines man! Millstream is an awesome venue, to say I'm slightly envious is an understatement!! fshg I'm fishing the vaal on sunday, got some new flies and a new leader setup to test drive.
Title: Re: Fly Fishing this weekend!
Post by: super_daav on October 15, 2010, 11:17:56 AM
Stock standard: Black Wolly Bugger or Zak's nymph..
Title: Re: Fly Fishing this weekend!
Post by: Herman Jooste on October 16, 2010, 07:54:53 PM
Tight lines man! Millstream is an awesome venue, to say I'm slightly envious is an understatement!! fshg I'm fishing the vaal on sunday, got some new flies and a new leader setup to test drive.

Looking forward to seeing your innovations as well as the fishing.  w;k

Tied a few new one's myself today. Must say the last 3 are very scruffy. :lolo:
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal