ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

FRESHWATER ANGLING => Fly fishing => Trout fishing => Topic started by: MZeee on November 28, 2017, 10:30:09 AM

Title: Valley lakes- Ndawana river (Curragh Lake)
Post by: MZeee on November 28, 2017, 10:30:09 AM
Hi All


Iv booked accommodation for December , new years eve weekend , just to get away from all the hustle and bustle of the city life over the festive period. I will be carrying the fly rod and would like to know if anybody's fished this venue before (Vally lakes-Ndawana river in drakensburg)?


1. What can I expect to catch in the river and lake at this time of the year?
2. What sort of flies should I carry?
3. Any other information I should know considering iv only ever caught one trout back in 2012.




Thanks
Title: Re: Valley lakes- Ndawana river
Post by: MZeee on December 04, 2017, 09:05:43 AM
bump
Title: Re: Valley lakes- Ndawana river
Post by: MZeee on December 04, 2017, 02:34:50 PM
bump
Title: Re: Valley lakes- Ndawana river (Curragh Lake)
Post by: Papparoach on December 04, 2017, 03:24:22 PM
Hi I've never fished that river but the Bushmans river which is also part of the bergs, you should catch brown trout. Tackle wise a 3wt with floating line.
Flies :
Dry - Hoppers, RAB, Red Humpy's, Wulf Iresistable and Adams all small like size 14-18
Nymphs - ZAK, GHRE and PTN, natural colours and all small size 16-20

Tippet 5x - 7x

Hope this helps.
Title: Re: Valley lakes- Ndawana river (Curragh Lake)
Post by: MZeee on December 04, 2017, 04:03:55 PM
Thank you sir :resp:  will try those flys :udman:
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal