ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

General Angling Topics => Saltwater Lure Angling => Topic started by: stickleback on February 20, 2017, 08:07:29 PM

Title: darters
Post by: stickleback on February 20, 2017, 08:07:29 PM
Anyone on here fished with wooden darter lure?
Title: Re: darters
Post by: SAfish on February 20, 2017, 08:53:25 PM
I have not fished with them before but my Dad used similar lures many years ago for bass. Where did you get these?
Title: Re: darters
Post by: CEO on February 20, 2017, 09:04:08 PM
no
Title: Re: darters
Post by: isivuba on February 21, 2017, 08:08:22 AM
no


 :hyst: :hyst: :hyst:  you should try.
Title: Re: darters
Post by: stickleback on February 21, 2017, 03:05:19 PM
Apparently very popular in America used as a sub surface lure for Atlantic striped bass - just wondered if they had been/or could be used in our waters for our game fish?


Where's a saltwater expert when you need one?
Title: Re: darters
Post by: REEFMAN on February 21, 2017, 08:42:29 PM
They are a similar shape to the old Aubrey da Gama chisel nose wooden plugs. Fantastic for targetting Kingfish.. They were generally redheads on a white body.

(http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=794.0;attach=2178;image)
Title: Re: darters
Post by: FishStyx on February 22, 2017, 08:46:55 AM
I like the look of those... Fished as a stickbait they could be quite awesome. Maybe even add a skirt.
Title: Re: darters
Post by: SAfish on February 22, 2017, 01:21:05 PM
I see a DIY project coming this weekend. I want to try and make a replica of the Darter out of an old broomstick.  :hnthnt:
Title: Re: darters
Post by: fishatic on February 22, 2017, 04:50:25 PM
Very keen so see how this turns out.
Darters are very popular in the states for good reason.
Yo-zuri have even made them for the US market.
Methinks they would work for any number of species.
I like the fact that you have a diving lure without the weather-vane of a lip sticking out.


Title: Re: darters
Post by: fishatic on February 22, 2017, 04:53:07 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=D9xGZKRTrbo&feature=youtu.be# (http://youtube.com/watch?v=D9xGZKRTrbo&feature=youtu.be#)

Pffft, how do I embed a video into a post so it doesn't take you to another web page?
Title: Re: darters
Post by: John F on February 22, 2017, 05:49:04 PM

Pffft, how do I embed a video into a post so it doesn't take you to another web page?


http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php?topic=5638.0 (http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php?topic=5638.0)
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal