ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
General Angling Topics => Saltwater Lure Angling => Topic started by: PatrickH on September 04, 2016, 07:03:15 PM
-
Hi Guys,
Came across this spinner at the flea market on Saturday.
The spinner is silver colored and not gold as it appears in the picture
It is about 10cm long and 2.5cm wide.It is concave in the middle like a cob spinner
I have never seen one like this before and wonder if any of you guys know anything about it
Regards Patrick
-
Effzett spoon or imitation thereof. Excellent for Tiger fish.
-
:corrct: Ziggy : have a few in my Tiger arsenal :toppie:
-
Yup its an Effzett.
-
:corrct: Ziggy : have a few in my Tiger arsenal :toppie:
I have more than a few.... And about to buy a few more for a trip to the confluence of the Zambezi and the kafue in Zambia in october
-
I have more than a few.... And about to buy a few more for a trip to the confluence of the Zambezi and the kafue in Zambia in october
[/quote] Ziggy.
Hope you have better water levels than I had last Oct/November at Island View . The river did not flood and break its banks. Ie the fish that breed in the floodplains could not, and there was very little Tiger activity .I suppose the fry the Tiger eat when they return to the main stream just were not there. Even the Vic falls were almost dry, the surrounding rain forest was dry dry dry. :toppie:
-
Is island view above kariba? Lower Zambezi water flow is pretty constant due to kariba always releasing water for electricity generation
-
Morning Guys, Thanks for all the info. Thought is was some kind of freshwater spinner.
It was interesting to see the little red triangular piece of plastic attached to the hook.
I am going to put a bigger hook on it and try it it in the sea when I get a chance.
Cant see why it wont work for cob elf or leerie,
Regards
Patrick
-
http://www.angelmeile.com/DAM-Effzett-Twin-Spoon-silber/gold (http://www.angelmeile.com/DAM-Effzett-Twin-Spoon-silber/gold)
been around for as long as i can remember.
-
Yes Ziggy , it is in the Caprivi strip , water is dependent on rain in Angola. :toppie: