ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
FRESHWATER ANGLING => Fly fishing => Trout fishing => Topic started by: WalkersKiller on June 06, 2016, 05:24:27 PM
-
Hi guys and gals, a week a go I was fortunate to spend some quality time with my family at Millstream, my father is not well so it was great to get him out the house. Anyways I managed to do some fly fishing which was long overdue! Not a lot to say, but I managed 24 fish in total over 2 days. Lost an 800 gram fish at my feet and most of other fish were between 100 and 300 grams. Managed to get a few pics before I dropped my camera onto a rock and into the water :-( :-( Was fun on the 4 weight and I caught at least 50% of my fish on dry fly and nymph, the flies that did work were:
Wet Flies
Black Woolly Bugger
Black/Ready Woolly Bugger
White Woolly Bugger
Nymphs
Sinking Ant
Tungsten Black Nymph
Corixa
Dry Flies
Foam Hopper
Foam Mayfly
(http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc440/WalkersKiller/IMG_2285_zpsvkhstzvo.jpg)
(http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc440/WalkersKiller/IMG_2289_zps1s3ueot0.jpg)
(http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc440/WalkersKiller/IMG_2288_zpsxj9l06vf.jpg)
(http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc440/WalkersKiller/IMG_2287_zpsgdrcsgwm.jpg)
(http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc440/WalkersKiller/IMG_2284_zps0oaafjpa.jpg)
(http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc440/WalkersKiller/IMG_2283_zpsepwr1uq1.jpg)
(http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc440/WalkersKiller/IMG_2281_zps3etbmfbf.jpg)
(http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc440/WalkersKiller/IMG_2286_zpsqiwu2jxc.jpg)
(http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc440/WalkersKiller/IMG_2295_zpszkczbrpe.jpg)
(http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc440/WalkersKiller/IMG_2292_zps38pxngxl.jpg)
(http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc440/WalkersKiller/IMG_2291_zpsm8znz4w6.jpg)
(http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc440/WalkersKiller/IMG_2293_zpsxjelg8cs.jpg)
(http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc440/WalkersKiller/IMG_2290_zpseevlmeyw.jpg)
(http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc440/WalkersKiller/IMG_2294_zpspydeair0.jpg)
-
Nice WK! Those pics make wanna get back on the water asap
-
Shot Kev w;k
-
Good stuff WK!
Spending time with the family in a nice area, and catching fish!?! What else can you ask for?!
Great pics!
-
Nice pics Gareth! (clap)
-
Thanks chaps, yeah was a good outing, except for my poor camera.
-
http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php?topic=17724.msg300056#msg300056 (http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php?topic=17724.msg300056#msg300056)
-
http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php?topic=17724.msg300056#msg300056 (http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php?topic=17724.msg300056#msg300056)
Thanks Reefz, will need to get my hands on one of those.
-
it looks to be a wonderful place and some nice action, I need to try it
-
Its an amazing place Dodge... One of my favourite places in the World!