ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
General Angling Topics => Saltwater Lure Angling => Topic started by: Assassin on April 13, 2016, 02:46:57 PM
-
Hi,
I'm off to Mazeppa in June and busy preparing :woo5:
I'm new at spinning and would like to get more experience that side.
I need to purchase more lures and would like to get some idea on what to get.
I am using a 11ft Daiwa Laguna with an Okuma 4000 reel.
Any advice will be much appreciated.
:tkx:
-
On my last trip to Mazeppa last year, the lures that worked were pink iron candy for garrick and orange paddletails for kob.
Unfortunately there is no guarantee which lures will work or when they will work or what type of retrieval will be successful.
Take a variety with you. Also there is a limited range for sale at the hotel shop. Perhaps this will give you an idea of what generally works in the area.
-
I would recommend that you take at least the following:
- S Bend spoon
- Iron candy spoon
- 5 and 6 inch Paddletails (I love Orca colour) with 1 1/2 and 2 ounce heads
-
:tkx: :tkx: :tkx:
I have some leads now.
Will add to my collection in time....
-
Ya a good range of paddle tails as well as some chisel nose and needle nose plugs
-
Ya a good range of paddle tails as well as some chisel nose and needle nose plugs
Aye.
-
All you really need is white plugs for the garrick and paddle tails 6"(1 to 2ounce jig heads) for the kob. I dont think the cob really care about the colour but everyone has there prefered colours.
I dont particulary like fishing with spoons and other lures at Mazeppa for garrick as you will be getting stuck a lot more than with plugs and will end up losing a lot of costly lures and spoons. Plus plugs are just way more exciting to fish with.