ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

FRESHWATER ANGLING => Fly fishing => Topic started by: Herman Jooste on September 30, 2010, 08:56:55 PM

Title: Vaal Trip . 6/7 November
Post by: Herman Jooste on September 30, 2010, 08:56:55 PM
A Flyfishing trip has been organised for the weekend of the 6/7 November.

The venue is : Oord Nebo, +/- 30 k's from Potch.

The venue, is VERY Nice, ito camping facilities, and has chalets  as well. ( One already fully booked  w;k

The invite is open to anyone who want's a taste of Vaal fishing for yellows. Between us UA f/f folk we should have enough spare rigs,for those that don't have.

Rory, Schlossie, OMR, Adrian and myself from UA  will be there,as well as quite a few Flytalk members.  :shk

I can guarntee, therewill be something for everyone, including SWAMBO's. :happ: :happ:
Title: Re: Vaal Trip . 6/7 November
Post by: J-Rock on October 01, 2010, 01:55:48 AM
Sounds good... :tkx:
Title: Re: Vaal Trip . 6/7 November
Post by: Rory on October 01, 2010, 08:34:47 AM
Ja I'm looking forward to this one. As Herman says if anyone wants to be shown the ropes, or just join us for the fishing, please tag along or just pull in for a day, no problemo.
Title: Re: Vaal Trip . 6/7 November
Post by: Sailor on October 01, 2010, 08:56:06 AM
I would love to try my hand at fly fishing but (un)fortunately I will be in Cape Town during November. Maybe I should postpone my sea fishing trip. Naw! I don't think so.  :cnfzd
Title: Re: Vaal Trip . 6/7 November
Post by: Poenskop on October 01, 2010, 09:34:47 AM
Would have love to come along but have our company getaway that weekend.
Title: Re: Vaal Trip . 6/7 November
Post by: Rory on November 09, 2010, 07:48:38 AM
A quick report back on the weekend. Thanks to all the guys that made it, I think we ended up being about 20 to 25 guys in total. Big thanks to Jeff for sponsoring us with 2 kegs of draught to ensure the boys didn't dehydrate. Most people arrived friday afternoon/evening and we spent most of the evening prepping the new guys, talking k** around the fire/braaing and making sure the keg was suitably maintained. Saturday was absolutely perfect in terms of fishing conditions, cloudless day, just a slight breeze to keep cool and of course the fish were hungry. I'd recommend this venue to anybody, lots of water to fish, easy wading, good clean ablution blocks, a small shop, lapa, playground for kiddies, swimming pool etc. lots to keep the rest of the family busy while you fish. Everybody got into fish and its always great to see new guys get their first fish on the vaal, I don't think anybody in our group blanked. Saturday evening we had the Lapa booked, so it was bonfires, more braaing, more k@kpraat, the second keg took a hammering along with the Irish on the big screen. Sunday started off well but the wind we didn't have on the Saturday blew most of us off the water pretty early. But we all still managed some fish.

Big thanks to Andrew for organising the whole thing, super stuff man. (clap) :tkx:
Title: Re: Vaal Trip . 6/7 November
Post by: BigG on November 09, 2010, 08:27:07 AM
I have to join you guys for one of these in the future, i could certainly learn a couple of things from the pros

Title: Re: Vaal Trip . 6/7 November
Post by: diamonddogs on November 09, 2010, 10:24:10 AM
Well done
Title: Re: Vaal Trip . 6/7 November
Post by: WalkersKiller on November 09, 2010, 10:27:37 AM
Great fish there  (clap)
Title: Re: Vaal Trip . 6/7 November
Post by: schloshd1 on November 10, 2010, 05:59:54 AM
This really was a great trip, big thanks to Jeff for the draught and and to all the guys that made the effort to come through and make this trip the great time that it was  :tkx: :tkx: . I want to hit that spot again in the next few weeks, there are some big fish there
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal