ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
General Angling Topics => Saltwater Lure Angling => Topic started by: Alf03 on March 17, 2016, 01:04:02 PM
-
Hi all.
I will be fishing in kosi bay next week! I will be fishing places like rocktail bay and lala neck ect. Please check my attached selection of lures I am taking with. Any advice on anything to do with fishing the area would be greatly appreciated!
We will be targeting GTs on lures first thing in the morning. Doing some drop shot during the day. And sliding and throwing bait in the evenings.
Thanks
-
I will add a few more chisel nose plugs and smaller iron candies in glow
-
Great thanks for the advice. What colour chiselnose plugs do you recommend?
-
You need some small Couta Casting Iron Candy's. They have a different action to the Bullet spoons and are generally more effective. This what Rob Kyle uses almost all the time - Green and pink glow Couta casting spoons. Try get some Chase spoons #5, they have an awesome action as well.
Those Clone lures work well in the Eastern Cape, but unfortunately the KZN cob don't like them, I've beaten the sea to a froth with them on several trips now and never got a touch.
You need some needle nose 'skinny' GT ice creams for when the sea is flat.
-
Ok sorry, just saw your first pic has some Couta casting spoons...
-
Best way to catch a GT in these areas is to slide a live Shad out, sunup and sundown.
:tite
Oh by the way, Daiwa have brought out a new Minnow that casts beautifully on Ultra light tackle, it casts much better than the CID Slimbaits and Shiversticks, and it also has a rattle inside. Basil Manning have got them in stock.
-
Chisel nose plugs like the one next to your bucktail jigs
-
Great thanks again for all the advice. I want to try fish the clones on the surface with a fast retrieve. My mate caught a 30kg gt last time on a hand painted and carved stickbait like the one on the box next to the bucktails. Thought the clones look similar. Not to sure how many guys have tried it up in zululand.