ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

General Angling Topics => Shore Angling => THE GRINDER REVOLUTION => Topic started by: JJHACK on December 03, 2015, 07:51:12 PM

Title: Bought a Penn Torque S9
Post by: JJHACK on December 03, 2015, 07:51:12 PM
Well I finally pulled the trigger on this reel. After Reading Alan Hawks assessment of it. I felt that at 30% the price of the stella and Saltiga it was worth the investment.


Especially when Alan said that the two high end japanese reels were the most refined and perfect, but do not have more then a few years of longevity on the beach in the sand and with softer gears to provide a smooth "feel".


Compared to the Penn Torque which he said is not as smooth because of the seals and shielded bearings. However those things make it heirloom quality and will last several lifetimes of hard use. Plus it's 100% user serviceable unlike the complicated internals of the Japanese reels.


450 yards of 80lb braided line, 40 lbs plus of drag, this is a meat winch!
Title: Re: Bought a Penn Torque S9
Post by: REEFMAN on December 04, 2015, 06:18:53 AM
Nice! Great reel! Congrats!

http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php?topic=8280.0 (http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php?topic=8280.0)
Title: Re: Bought a Penn Torque S9
Post by: Cam Mundy on December 05, 2015, 05:31:46 PM
If I was going to spend the money on a high end reel for surf fishing I'd probably do the same its a better bet than the Van Staals and Z bass in my books.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal