ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

OFFSHORE ANGLING => General Offshore Angling Discussion => Topic started by: ONDE ONDA on September 28, 2010, 05:32:20 PM

Title: What happened to all the fish on the south coast?
Post by: ONDE ONDA on September 28, 2010, 05:32:20 PM
I was fishing Shelly Beach over the weekend and yet a trip out no good. The Tuna Disappeared, of Protea, no Geelbek as what it used to be, no Natal Snoek at all this year in this area, my live-bait places empty. From the rock and surf the Shad is under size, few Garrick and Cob. Never seen it like this has anybody a clue what’s happening?
Sardiens still in DURBAN in September?
Snoek in Vidal in September?       
Big shad gone this year?
Title: Re: What happened to all the fish on the south coast?
Post by: geno77 on September 28, 2010, 05:44:33 PM
That is not good news. I'll be there in two weeks. Sounds like I must rather opt for the golf clubs, or NOT. I haven't been fishing since Feb so even if it is small blacktail I have to catch, so be it.
Title: Re: What happened to all the fish on the south coast?
Post by: jaenswart on September 28, 2010, 05:54:48 PM
I was fishing Shelly Beach over the weekend and yet a trip out no good. The Tuna Disappeared, of Protea, no Geelbek as what it used to be, no Natal Snoek at all this year in this area, my live-bait places empty. From the rock and surf the Shad is under size, few Garrick and Cob. Never seen it like this has anybody a clue what’s happening?
Sardiens still in DURBAN in September?
Snoek in Vidal in September?       
Big shad gone this year?

lol Shad is closed right.

Johan I think there is definitely something going on with the seasons...they are all out of whack.

Anyway maybe the tunnies decided they had enough of the 2 million sharks on Protea.
 You should try hunting some of the other reefs in the area and leave Protea and it's sharks alone :-)

Title: Re: What happened to all the fish on the south coast?
Post by: ONDE ONDA on September 28, 2010, 06:42:54 PM
lol Shad is closed right.

Johan I think there is definitely something going on with the seasons...they are all out of whack.

Anyway maybe the tunnies decided they had enough of the 2 million sharks on Protea.
 You should try hunting some of the other reefs in the area and leave Protea and it's sharks alone :-)

The 2 mill sharks is a problem see my new post thank Jaen
   
Title: Re: What happened to all the fish on the south coast?
Post by: shagnrelease on September 28, 2010, 09:14:58 PM
you said it...

http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php/topic,2060.0.html (http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php/topic,2060.0.html)
Title: Re: What happened to all the fish on the south coast?
Post by: tkei on September 29, 2010, 03:44:28 PM
Having seen how the shelly beach/ port shepstone fishermen (not anglers) behave in the transkei, I am not surprised that there are no fish left on the south coast.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal