ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

General Angling Topics => Saltwater Lure Angling => Topic started by: Gerhard on October 02, 2015, 10:48:22 AM

Title: 2015 - Queens
Post by: Gerhard on October 02, 2015, 10:48:22 AM
Its just over two years now that I 1st caught queenfish from the rocks here in Saudi on the Percian gulf.


The water temprature has been high for this time if the year...


A month ago it was still 34C but it finally started to drop a bit amd this week with the water arouns 32.5C the queens arrived.


I used my Cape Cod Special Black Hole 10.6 Nano rod paired it with my Sustain 6000 with 30 lbs braid.


This morning I decided to run the 100g Darkstar Amano to start off with.


The rod launch the Amano a good distance and with the Amano running on the surface something similar than a GT icecream difference is I can give it a pop inbetween as well.


Just after sun rise a very nice Queen hit the lure.


(http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/Jakkals/Facebook/Fishing%20in%20Saudi%20%20Arabia/FA57804C-7D72-48D9-B9E9-07219E27DC89_zpsyjhjscsf.jpg) (http://s3.photobucket.com/user/Jakkals/media/Facebook/Fishing%20in%20Saudi%20%20Arabia/FA57804C-7D72-48D9-B9E9-07219E27DC89_zpsyjhjscsf.jpg.html)


(http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/Jakkals/Facebook/Fishing%20in%20Saudi%20%20Arabia/8F92EF68-9CD9-42AF-AEE8-B1060D0A19E8_zpsflk3z4qj.jpg) (http://s3.photobucket.com/user/Jakkals/media/Facebook/Fishing%20in%20Saudi%20%20Arabia/8F92EF68-9CD9-42AF-AEE8-B1060D0A19E8_zpsflk3z4qj.jpg.html)


She weighed in at 9kg and a bunch of guys will be eating good tonight

Title: Re: 2015 - Queens
Post by: REEFMAN on October 02, 2015, 12:17:30 PM
Great catch Gerry!!  (clap)
Title: Re: 2015 - Queens
Post by: WalkersKiller on October 02, 2015, 12:50:41 PM
 :Like: amazing fish!
Title: Re: 2015 - Queens
Post by: John F on October 03, 2015, 06:19:33 AM
Well done G!

What's the best way to cook it? Like a stew?!?
Title: Re: 2015 - Queens
Post by: Gerhard on October 03, 2015, 07:03:13 AM
Well done G!

What's the best way to cook it? Like a stew?!?


Thanks John,


In the past I filleted the fish and did the normal fresh fish pan thing.


The one of yesterday was delivered to the guys at the camp mess.


I have promised them a long time ago I will bring them some fresh fish if I catch again.


The Filipino sheffs will definitely cook it differently from what we are used too.


I will ask them later today what they did with the fish.
Title: Re: 2015 - Queens
Post by: Spickerish on October 04, 2015, 11:42:26 AM
Great catch there Gerhard!  (clap)
Title: Re: 2015 - Queens
Post by: Bwana on October 05, 2015, 08:28:22 AM
Well done G, great fish to start the season with!  (clap)
Title: Re: 2015 - Queens
Post by: Tommo on October 05, 2015, 11:13:41 AM
Nice Queen Gerhard, well done!
Title: Re: 2015 - Queens
Post by: Gerhard on October 05, 2015, 05:04:38 PM
Thanks guys,


Hope it continues later the month at Mafia Island as well...
Title: Re: 2015 - Queens
Post by: JacquesdW on October 19, 2015, 03:23:28 AM
Well Done Gerhard! That's a nice fish!
FYI, here in Singapore they are still quite plentiful because the Chinese won't eat them because they resemble a holy fish.  You never see them in the fish markets.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal