ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
General Angling Topics => Saltwater Lure Angling => Topic started by: Tommo on September 08, 2015, 01:50:36 PM
-
I have uploaded the second installment of my Kwanza River report, this one about the barracuda and kingfish in the estuary. Click on the link below to read it:
https://www.fishtube.tv/reports.html?view=entry&id=600 (https://www.fishtube.tv/reports.html?view=entry&id=600)
-
Another great report (clap) Thanks Tommo butthere is a few reports on the site that needs to be banned. :hehe: :envy
-
Ha ha, ok Willie, I will go to Rocky Bay this afternoon and catch a garrick and put that up, would that be better?
-
Eish Tommo I am sure you will do that as well :hehe:
-
I am not going to get to Rocky Bay this year :-(
-
Sorry to hear that Willie! I went there and threw plug, spoon and dropshot this afternoon, but didn't catch anything. Maybe tomorrow...
-
Great report Craig, looks like you had a fabulous trip!
-
Very nice report, congrats on the catches, looks like a great location (clap)
-
Definitely a destination that should be on most people's bucket list! There are a lot of big fish at Kwanza!
-
Another great report with good tips on how to work poppers with various actions! Thanks Craig!
-
Thanks... great report. That Senegal Jack is a beautiful looking fish... Looks like I must go west one of these days.
-
Saw some pics in IG .
Fantastic report tommo .
-
Definitely a destination that should be on most people's bucket list! There are a lot of big fish at Kwanza!
Tommo,
I stood at the Kwanza mouth watching that brought stretch of water run into the ocean.
What would a trip to Kwanaza cost these day?
-
Hey Gerhard, the flights are around R5k, and accommodation at the lodge is R1750 pp/n. So actually not bad at all...
-
Surely you need to add charter fees as well?
-
Hey Gerhard, the flights are around R5k, and accommodation at the lodge is R1750 pp/n. So actually not bad at all...
Thats not bad Tommo.
I met a couple of anglers in 2009 at Jhb Int waiting for the flight to Luanda.
They had a week booked at The Kwanza River Lodge at if I remember correctly they said the week cost them $5000 each....
Living and working in Luanda I was not surprised at the rate where a plate of food in a restaurant in Luanda could easily go $100 US per person.
The Kwanza river is magnificent.
A 1100km long river coming out of the Angolan Higlands.
Would love to go back some day with a camera and a fishing rod.
-
Yes charter fees would be an extra. I don't know what their rates are, obviously cheaper if you are fishing the river and more if you are going offshore. If you go in a group to any place and share boat costs it gets more affordable. The boat charter fees always make the costs nof a trip go up, it is just the nature of things. Boats are expensive to run, more so in remote locations...
-
Yup, but even by African rates Kwanza is expensive. Been there a few times and have had good fish but won't go back. And the Kwanza boats were not exactly ideal.
Poenie, we flew from CPT via Air Namibia / Windhoek, quick and easy.
-
Yeah, I flew Cpt-WH, the WH-Lubango when we went to Flamingo Lodge, never been up North through.
Yeah Tommo, charter boats are pretty expensive to run, and translates into a "not so cheap" holiday, BUT, I'm yet to go on a fishing trip I regret!! Even at Flamingo we had a "shocker" by their standards, but still got some decent shad and good size kob on the dropshot!