ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

General Angling Topics => Saltwater Lure Angling => Topic started by: 1969 on September 07, 2015, 07:30:43 AM

Title: shimano twinpower
Post by: 1969 on September 07, 2015, 07:30:43 AM
Morning chaps , anyone know if the new twinpower comes in a 5000 or 6000 size , many thanks
Title: Re: shimano twinpower
Post by: FishStyx on September 07, 2015, 07:37:39 AM
They make a 5k... no 6k.


I was quite surprised to read a very scathing report by Alan Hawk on the Twinpower recently. It was not a report on the twinpower as such, he just made references to it... I'll try and find the link.


Edit: http://www.alanhawk.com/reviews/cbo14.html (http://www.alanhawk.com/reviews/cbo14.html)
Title: Re: shimano twinpower
Post by: 1969 on September 07, 2015, 07:52:20 AM
I also read it , was surprised I would like to get some feedback from anyone using one , I need to replace my sustain and can not afford a stella .
Title: Re: shimano twinpower
Post by: FishStyx on September 07, 2015, 08:01:48 AM
I recently bought an old Stella 4k (the FA) in flawless condition for R3k... If you keep your eyes open, good stuff comes along. A few years ago, the same condition 8k SW for R4k... Keep your eyes open, they do come along.
Title: Re: shimano twinpower
Post by: 1969 on September 07, 2015, 08:08:31 AM
thanks bud
Title: Re: shimano twinpower
Post by: Cam Mundy on September 07, 2015, 09:21:13 AM
If yo are looking for something more robust than the Sustain then the Saragosa wold be a good bet comes in 5 and 6k variants. I have 5&6k Stellas but to be honest if I couldn't get them at the prices I did working for a tackle shop I would never have bought them and gone for the Saragosa. Prior to the Stellas I had the old Grey Stradics and they took about 3 years of major abuse without failing me.
Title: Re: shimano twinpower
Post by: 1969 on September 07, 2015, 09:30:30 AM
Might wait for the new stradic .
Title: Re: shimano twinpower
Post by: FishStyx on September 07, 2015, 09:32:56 AM
I think the Stradics are very underrated. I don't like the Ci4... I have a 2500 Ci4 and it's prone to some twist under pressure, but the previous all metal model is excellent... not to mention the fact that you get a spare spool with them.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal